Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Shaving

Tried a new product this morning, Shave Butter. Had a four day beard, used the shave butter and my new safety razor. Did two passes, and put a fresh coat of shave butter on between. Feels as close as what I get with my $1.25 disposable and Gillette foam. I'm getting faster with the safety razor already. No cuts so far.

Last edited:
I'm really getting into this retro shaving thing. It seems there is a whole culture centered around it. While I'm off, I'm going to try some actual Proraso shave soap applied with a badger hair brush and see if I like it better than the shave butter.

Found another couple of websites that cater to old school shaving:

https://www.theartofshaving.com/

https://www.classicshaving.com/

There's this amazing thing that's been developed over the last few hundred years. Electricity. :)
s-l300.jpg

Putting a sharp blade to my own throat has just never been that appealing.

I was marketed a long time ago. WalMart sent me a free razor. It was way smoother that the old double single blade I grew up with. No rash, but I spent a fortune replacing those blades. Then I found a disposable that was just as smooth.

Very good razors are about $1.37 each.
I use each one for almost 2 months.

Been shaving every morning since I was training many years ago. Something happened when I was forced to fall in before breakfast, neatly groomed and dressed, after a few hours sleep.
Taking a piss, brushing my teeth and shaving, unhurried, seems easy now. Heck, it's even easy when I'm camping, or traveling. ... and it's dirt cheap.

999999-7033072454.jpg

There's this amazing thing that's been developed over the last few hundred years. Electricity. :)

I've used electric razors, and....meh. They all seem to use the same "ink jet printer" business model. Sell the initial product cheap, then rape the customers on the refills.

But it's not really the cost. There is just something......simple....and pure, about shaving with a single blade razor. Dunno, but I'm really getting into it. :)

Last edited:
Shaved today (4 day beard), for the first time with the Proraso soap, applied with the badger hair brush, and my safety razor (2nd shave, same blade).

https://www.amazon.com/Proraso-Shaving-Soap-Refreshing-Toning/dp/B00837YY18

Everything went well, no cuts. I like the soap better than the Gillette foam that I use with my disposables. Not sure yet if I like it better than the Shave Butter. Both seem to work well. I'm getting faster with the safety razor, but it's still slower than shaving with a disposable. I expect my speed to increase with practice. It takes two passes, with a reapplication of the soap/butter/foam between, to equal the closeness I get with one pass of my 3 blade disposable.

Gawd help us when MG starts posting b4 and after shots of his daily shaves, with a rating of each product used....... :runner:

Back