Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Shock Force 2 - BETA - Video released

Z

Zinzan

Greetings all, as a dedicated WW2 addict with no regrets whatsoever I don't really care about anything after about 1955. However I do like the idea of Battlefront getting on with providing ME with more proper stuff i.e. WW2 CM (Rome to Victory, CMFB extension to end of '45 etc). I don't give a flaming Crocodile tear about the rest of you, but I've been told to "improve my attitude" or else. (Options sound fun). Soooooooo I'm gonna be nice below this so you lot remember this later, there will be cause for me to need your niceness.

Loookeeeeee Here : Video HERE

Yeah CMSF (and CMBS to some extent) always had the huge gulf between Blue and Red. I think it's also what makes the WW2 era that much more appealing to many wargamers. That doesn't make the wargame unfun in itself, but does require a suitable set of scenario design parameters to make it interesting, which from memory were used quite extensively. For instance Red Force would get a whole tonne of VP's if Blue Force took anything greater than 10% casualties. Having straight up tank duels just doesn't work in these modern era titles.

Actually showing off the gulf that exists between both sides probably doesn't advertise the game at it's best for new comers.

My two cents plus sales tax.

That gulf is probably not the best advert for the game, but it's quite a reasonable reflection of the disparity in CMSF - I remember reading through the old forums and reading very similar complaints about early CMSF 1 videos - specifically a video showing US troops being mowed down by insurgents got a lot of people upset, despite that *also* being a reasonable reflection of CMSF, at least if you do it wrong.

To be fair though, this isn't a formal advert - it's just a video one of the beta testers knocked up to feed the forums. I think it's fine, really.

Hi all, just wanted to share the new Syrian Showcase video here. It showcases the Syrians in a much better light than the first video did. The scenario is a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel" and shows off some of the new Syrian toys, such as the T-72AV with the TURMS-T sights.

Very nice.

Q: how do u disable the UI? I mean the command interface on the bottom of the "action"

My thoughts as well when I watched parts of that.

Actually showing off the gulf that exists between both sides probably doesn't advertise the game at it's best for new comers.

My two cents plus sales tax.

I gave the USMC scenario a go and accidentally set it to Real Time. First time I have played modern and it was a slaughter. I lost one amphibious vehicle, casualties were about 1:10 and I still got a Total Victory.

I gave the USMC scenario a go and accidentally set it to Real Time. First time I have played modern and it was a slaughter. I lost one amphibious vehicle, casualties were about 1:10 and I still got a Total Victory.

Challenge is to land with no lost AAVs.... ;D Yeah, this one is a little too one-sided, but it does show off the AAVs....

Hmm, I added a spoiler below, and it appears in Edit mode, but not 'live'?

Back