Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Simulator

Do they have other WW2 planes you can fly? Not that I wouldn’t mind fooling around in a Spit, just curious.

[Squadron Leader Skipper and Hedgehog are doing training in Spitfires. Skipper has just ordered Hedgehog to engage him in a dogfight, but Simon has lost sight of him and is blinded by the sun. Suddenly Skipper bursts towards him from the sun]

Squadron Leader Skipper: [imitating a machine gun] DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA!
[flies past Hedgehog]

Hedgehog: Hello Rabbit Leader - thought you might come in from the sun!

Squadron Leader Skipper: DON'T THINK! Don't just glance! LOOK! Search for the bastards! OK, let's try it again.

- Somewhat from "The Battle of Britain"

[Squadron Leader Skipper and Hedgehog are doing training in Spitfires. Skipper has just ordered Hedgehog to engage him in a dogfight, but Simon has lost sight of him and is blinded by the sun. Suddenly Skipper bursts towards him from the sun]

Squadron Leader Skipper: [imitating a machine gun] DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA!
[flies past Hedgehog]

Hedgehog: Hello Rabbit Leader - thought you might come in from the sun!

Squadron Leader Skipper: DON'T THINK! Don't just glance! LOOK! Search for the bastards! OK, let's try it again.

- Somewhat from "The Battle of Britain"
You could write a Book Gunner ;)

I did my Spitfire flight which this time was much better I had a younger Tutor doing it this time, I did 5 minuets of flying getting use to the controls which was good, then I had a attack on 6 enemy bombers, I got amongst them straight away I damaged 5 then I decided to get out of there but not knowing to me at the time they had shot me up, the engine spluttered and then died which left me to glide in which ended in me crashing on landing,

Then I did take of which surprised the guy I did well, landing it had it's moments nearly got in OK but damaged my under carriage and snapped of part of the propeller.
You know what it's like when at school you wanted to be a Spitfire Pilot, Hey Ho mission accomplished

I flew in a real P-47 trainer. It was a birthday gift from my wife. The pilot would show me how to do loops and rolls and then I would do same maneuvers.

I flew above the California coast and got to do some "free flying" too. I mostly dived at targets until the pilot had me pull up (3000 feet minimum altitude).

It was flipping awesome. The plane was rock steady and easy to fly. It almost flew itself.

The downside was the pilot asked me if I wanted to watch him do an Immelman (sp) maneuver. I said OK. We did the maneuver and I got sick as a dog. I didn't puke, but I felt terrible for the rest of the day. I realized that I get too motion sick to have ever been a fighter pilot.

Do you have any flying experience as I would imagine not easy as they claim to be an accurate simulator?

Back