Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Spitfire Sim Part 2

My family like to challenge me by treating me to adventure, they treated me to the simulator flight for the Boeing 737 which was brilliant, then they treated me this year for ago at the Spitfire, Now that is a challenge after the hour flight trying all scenarios I came to the conclusion I wasn't ready for combat....I think my age could have been a set back for me, the instructor said that they had more pilots killed and badly injured on taking of and landing the Spitfire, bearing in mind there were no Simulators then for practice in them days...… So all in all it was a Bloody great Experience...… the place I went to does in fact train pilots for air liner duties making it a pukka venue
101_2076.JPG101_2077.JPGThumb on the firing Button...... Bombers approaching let's give-em Hell

First time in the rig and already had four kills - nice work!!
We are all jealous, I'll bet there isn't a member here who wouldn't love to have a go at that.

Ditto steve, can you imagine any of the IL-2 flight sims in that rig? I've got rudder padals and a joystick and feel "blessed", but that setup makes my mouth water. The only thing that might make it better is if they had an IMAX projector on a hemispheric screen

Ted, if it's any consolation about crashing, I crashed an F-111 in a simulated run into East Germany in '76 at Cannon AFB. My dad was squadron commander of the 524 TFS "Hounds of Heaven" and for a family openhouse, they let wives and dependents fly the F-111 simulator the pilots train on. Don't EVER try a roll in an F-111 at 50 ft with wings mostly swept.

Last edited:
Back