Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Splash Screen mod question

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
I'm exploring how to try create CMFB splash screens using Aris's CMBN Splash Screen Template (http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1950). I saved my first attempt as a *.bmp file and copied it into my CMFB game "Z" folder. It didn't load. I've scaled the file sizes to match other splash .bmp's but have had no success. Would a splash screen savvy modder please advise the Combat Mission splash screen spec's I need to abide? Attached is a .jpg copy of the .bmp flle I'm trying to use. The bmp file size is 2.21 MB (2,326,858 bytes). This is an initial test. Once I get it working, I'll likely look for and create other background images too. Thank you for any help.

CMFB Splash 002.jpg

I have made some screens with Aris's template. Make sure to compress all layers to one, then save with the same file name as the splash screen has and I think the *bmp has to be 24 bit to work. Don't think the file size matters at all. Hope that gets you going. Look forward to some good looking screens (please make one for FI) :)

Thanks, @rocketman! Not being a 24-bit *.bmp was the problem. I also noticed that both colors and cropping of the saved *.bmp are off in Combat Mission until I re-open in Windows Paint and save it again, overwriting the original. Go figure . . .

Let me see what I can work up now. I'll PM you when I have some things for CMFI but it will be a while.

Back