Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Split squad problems

jobu88

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
What in the world.......

CMBN game, I split a US squad into 3 teams. Team A follows its move order normally. Team B and C both have the same problem: of the 4 men in each team, two followed their move order and are over here, but the remaining 2 stayed put and are over there about 150 yards, and now neither half of the 4-man team will respond to a move order! So the B and C teams are immobile, split up into 2-man sub-teams, and will not move. Tried every move order, tried ordering them to mount a vehicle, no good. So -- 8 out of the 12 men in the squad have resigned from the battle on their own.

Anybody else seen this?

A few years back under game Engine 3 there was a bug that was sometimes referred to as the run-off bug. It IIRC it occurred when trying to board squads onto a truck (or at least had to do with getting troops on and off vehicles). Not sure if you are describing a similar event or not. When I encountered this I clicked dismount on the involved trucks. I was then able to give waypoints to the squads.

If this is happening in game Engine 4 you should probably submit a help desk ticket over at Battlefront. As I understand it they are currently working on a 4.0 Game Engine patch.

I have seen where a man or two will get "stuck" on a terrain feature and the rest of the team will move on without those stuck guys. Eventually, those guys will disappear. The squad icon will float somewhere between the two stuck teams. I usually make the visible members of the squad walk back to the stuck guys to "free" them.

I recall a similar issue with mortar teams some time ago as well.

Yes I have seen it in split teams and in a MG team. The first time was straight after 4.0 release. I tried to raise the issue on the Battelfront forums but it got lost in the noise over there. ;)
I have also had the disappearing guys as Nemesis mentioned.

I try to role play it away in my mind and take it as part of the fortunes of war. Have a look at this madman:

I had the same problems in 4.0 as well. In my case, it affected 2 out of 3 squads in an engineer platoon.

Back