Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Starfleet Battles

Sorry, Doug, my mistake. I was conflating different memories in my previous post; none of which relate to the cardboard game.

The PC game I mentioned is "Star Fleet - Birth of the Federation". It makes copious use of TOS sound effects . . . ;)

r_main.jpg

However, I fondly remember a long ago time watching Lou Zochi himself demonstrating a beta version of the "Star Fleet Battles" miniatures game in the Fort Hood recreation center. I wasn't a gamer yet back then and missed a chance to join in when it first began.

181435_md-Federation%20Commander,%20Star%20Fleet%20Battles,%20Star%20Trek.JPG

Anyone remember this one? It seems to be alive and well.

http://www.starfleetstore.com/

In my teens and 20's my group of friends and I played this game for hours. We jokingly called SFB, "Stupid F#$%ing Battles". At one point we set up a huge battle so long that it took 2 hours just to play the first turn. "All things moving 30 move now" the umpire would call out lol. I remember I used to play the Kzinti a lot with the drone launchers. Our criticism of this game was that they made the Federation too strong by borrowing technology from most of the other races. Fun game

I also remember 'Star Fleet Battles' as I use to play it way back in my teens...Now, there is also a quicker version (so to speak) called 'Federation Commander'.

Back