Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Suggestions for a new CM

S

stardekk

I am Undecided What to buy currently I want CMBS and CMRT.
Who do you think better ? what is the most fun for you?
What its more interesting to play ?
Any help will be great.
(I have CMFB and CMBN, CMFI not for me now either CMSF2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Sea has some very interesting piece of equipment, like the Abrams Laser warning receiver and drones for most infantry units. The units in the game are as lethal as they get in CM, the Abrams are absolute murder machines and even the infantry posses very capable weapons to deal with pretty much anything. You also tend to get longer engagement ranges, fluid engangements and very intense firefights.

One of the deciding factors for your purchase maybe the food chain. On top is the US army, with elite, highly trained and incredibly well equipped formations that can absolutely dominate any opposition if the size of the formations are even somewhat close. In second place comes Ivan, russia brings mostly pretty good standard line fomations with some interesting piece of kit. They tend to do better the bigger the battle gets since they can use the difference in cost to just overwhelm the enemy. Their C&C equipment, training and experience levels are below the US and certainly get little soviet vibe from some of their formations.

Now we are the the bottom, ukraines army certainly doesn't suck, you can go head to head with the russians and if you handle yourself well, come out on top. They can roughly be described as a worse version of the russian army, with some pretty good piece of equipment, like the T-84 Oplot, BTR-4E and a 100mm AT gun that can lay down serious hurt against light to medium vehicles.

To summarize it: very powerful units with cool tech that changes the game to very intense engagement with armies that can compete against eachother but with a significant food chain.

Now onto Red Thunder, its a ww2 CM so you kinda know what to expect from it. What seperates it is the eastern front scenario with. Tanks are a bit more common, but the germans are very close to how they are in the other ww2 CMs. The russians on the other hand are a bit strange, they are pretty cheap and have lots of good formations and equipment but they have horrible C&C elements.

Thats pretty much it, if you buy BS or RT we can surely play a match or two if you are up for it.

Thank you ! I think I ill buy the CMRT because I wanna buy all WW2 games and then go to modern.
And I have room for two more games when I will buy it. I will send Conversation when I will buy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back