Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Superstitions

Just curious really ....do you believe in superstitions <snipped>

Not really. My beliefs are mostly orthodox Roman Catholic which dismisses what I think you reference.
I suspect that many superstitions began as "authoritative" common sense teachings of sorts in particular social units. Don't walk under a ladder (because it dumb and can cause harm to either you or the person on it). Seven years bad luck is a good incentive not to break rare and costly mirrors. So on and so forth. Humans can be surprisingly irrational. Sometimes its harmless.

Because of my principles I say that I don't, it's irrational!, but as a football (I'm not gonna call it soccer, ever) fan I do have some 'cabalas' as we call them, doesn't have the same outfit that was used on a very bad result, wear the same jacket, if possible, that I was wearing when we were champions, etc.

It doesn't affect in any way the result and I know it, but somehow that reassures us when it's an important match. Sometimes I don't give a shit about it and nothing happens so it's a thing that comes and go.

Before every shot in CM at a Big Cat, I march around the computer seven times. Usually doesn’t work.
But seriously, I would do certain things when playing sports, but that fell more into the ‘routine’ of getting your mind right.
I like that Big Cat Marching round the PC even if it's a joke ...… or is it :):)

The only one that I "had" was when I worked at a Juvenile Detention center, we never said the name of the worst kids we had for fear of getting them again. (Which was often)

My grandmother would never allow anyone to put shoes on a table or anywhere else above the ground in her house as she said it was bad luck.

Back