Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Surprise...

True ... but still a great read!

I am always cautious about judging people's motives etc when reading history and applying the victors sensibilities, given the bulk of us are rank and file members of society and tend to get washed along with the events of the day. My view with these things is "there, but for the grace of God go I".
I prefer not to defend or condemn, just observe the human condition in the circumstances of their day.

True ... but still a great read!

I am always cautious about judging people's motives etc when reading history and applying the victors sensibilities, given the bulk of us are rank and file members of society and tend to get washed along with the events of the day. My view with these things is "there, but for the grace of God go I".
I prefer not to defend or condemn, just observe the human condition in the circumstances of their day.

+1
I find military achivements done by e.g. Wittmann, Rudel, Bäke and so on really interresting. But I dont agree with there political views.

+1
I find military achivements done by e.g. Wittmann, Rudel, Bäke and so on really interresting. But I dont agree with there political views.

Good points all. Regarding military performance, find and read the book "Horrido!". It tells the story of many of the leading Luftwaffe aces of World War 2. At the end of the book is a table that lists each ace and their kill total. Count how many German aces had over 64 kills, which I believe is the highest Allied score and you will get a real feel for what the German war machine accomplished. Start with Erich Hartmann, he had over 300 confirmed kills, and then count down the list until you get to 64.That's your assignment today.

Last edited:
The Luftwaffe had pretty rigorous aerial kill confirmation criteria and they were not afforded half died...I think the Soviets had pretty tough confirmation criteria as well.

Back