Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Sweden issues leaflet to homes telling people how to prepare for war

Gnarly

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
As a Swedish friend (actually, an ex-Aussie) told me, we down here in Australia are a long, long way from the 'Cold' war in Europe.

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/9785934

Russian subs playing games off their coast, fighter jet fly-bys....

9785990-3x2-large.jpg

I really think that Sweden has other problems to worry about...

What do the Swedes know we don't?

The real time to perk up your ears is when Norway and Finland do the same as well. As an American, I'm pretty ignorant about modern Scandinavian society and politics. Setting "Lilyhammer" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilyhammer) and Fleggaard commercials aside, I am captivated by the Netflix series "Okkupert" and wonder how accurately it portrays national sentiments in that part of the world.

Where's the part about "duck and cover"?

In all seriousness, I am with Rico, what do they know that we don't?

Also, Russia allegedly has an ICBM that we can not shoot down. Let's hope they don't, although I do remember practicing duck and cover in school during the 60's once. Like riding a bike, you never forget.

In all seriousness, if Sweden were somehow legitimately threatened, especially by Russia, I have no doubt that the USA would participate in Sweden's defense in a very significant manner.

Interestingly enough, in the near future of Netflix's "Okkupert ("Occupied")", the USA chooses not do so in support of Norway after the Norwegians elect a majority Green Party to government. I thought it odd but after a while you suspend your disbelief to enjoy the the story arcs.

Interesting sounding show! Is it any good? Of course to completely cede a very strategic area of the globe because of some "Green Party" BS is non-sensical. No way would the US ever have someone in charge who would be that petty or unschooled in basic Geopolitics.

Last edited:
Back