Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tankovyi Desant AAR (Iron setting, Germans vs AI, turn-based mode). Part Four: Initial Contact

drewshotsfan

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
"After recalling my sniper and tank-hunter teams I positioned them as follows:
The sniper team were brought back over our side of the tributary, to provide overwatch on the extreme left flank, facing Point Borodin, the marshy lowlands. Their role is to alert our force of any approach from the enemy's right flank, where they could use the ford in an attempt to threaten our left flank.
The tank-hunter team were positioned in the same set of foxholes as the panzerschreck team, covering the crossing point on our right flank."

Almost at the same time that their arses hit the bottom of the foxhole, the sound of diesel engines and tracked vehicles could be heard approaching from beyond the far side of the valley. Was it the armour of our own 5th Panzer Division, who we were holding the bridge for? Sadly, no. The shouted warning of 1st Squad (A Team), and passed from foxhole to foxhole, finally reached my position. Russian infantry, both on foot and riding a solitary T-34/85, had been spotted approaching the ridgeline of Point Schubert and the farmstead of Point Mozart."

Russian foot infantry
Screenshot (121).png

The T-34/85 with tank-riding infantry on board
Screenshot (122).png

Friendly reminder: screenshots look better when you toggle trees on :)

Friendly reminder: screenshots look better when you toggle trees on :)
I know. Trust me, I would love to have trees on for every screenshot, but I'm taking screenshots from the unit's POV, and all you would see is a wall of leaves, which for the initial planning summaries wouldn't have been very informative for the viewer. But don't worry, trees will be on as much as possible

Back