Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tankovyi Desant AAR (Iron setting, Germans vs AI, turn-based mode). Part One: Setting The Scene

drewshotsfan

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Well, here goes. My first attempt at an AAR. Feedback would be much appreciated. I need to know my areas for improvement from you lot

SETTING THE SCENE

"I am in command of a small, rag-tag unit, made up of stragglers with a platoon of three StuGs in support. We have all experienced similar stories over the past few days. Dig-in, pull back when our flank is treatened, dig-in again. So, here we are once more. Dug-in and waiting. But this time there will be no order to pull back. We have been tasked to hold an important bridge across a tributary of the Berezina River. Why is it important? Because in a few hours we can expect elements of the retreating 5th Panzer Division's armour, and this is their only crossing point for miles. We must hold this vital crossing point until then. My ad-hoc unit may comprise tired stragglers, but they are battle-hardened and prepared. I have ordered our 81mm mortar team leader to prepare five pre-planned target reference points and a retreating group of engineers have left us some Teller mines when they passed through, which we have planted at the bridge's far entrance. If our panzers arrive first, we will remove the mines, allow our tanks to cross and then blow the bridge. If the Russians arrive first? Well, we are as ready as we can be. Let's pray that both God and Lady Luck shine upon us this day."

Our initial deployment positions
Screenshot (71).png

The Bridge, viewed from our side
Screenshot (72).png

The Teller mines and one of our 81mm mortar target reference points
Screenshot (74).png

This is the scenario from the demo, I think? Can tanks cross that wooden bridge? If not, you might be better off putting the Tellerminen at the fords.

Back