Target, PC!

Gnarly

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Is the 'PC' in your title for Politically Correct (as opposed to NSFW)?

Hub6actual

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
sabot_up@telus.net
I have no political correctness in me. And doesn't NSFW stand for "Non sufficient funds, woman?"

Hub6actual

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
sabot_up@telus.net
Well, thanks anyway for the thought. I used to play soccer and rugby. My winter time activities were, and still are, confined to shoveling the driveway...again...and again...and...

Hub6actual

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
sabot_up@telus.net
"Size matters..."
"No, it doesn't. It's what you do with it."

Hub6actual

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
sabot_up@telus.net
"Warning: Do Not Stand In Front OF Machinery When It Is Operating" or, "It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood when you're hull down." Everything topside was wrecked, but the crew must be pretty cool customers because the Oh-Shit-O-Meter barely lit up. The TUA next door headbutted the Shilka with a TOW, and ended the argument.

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
That is awesome to see. Love the hull down view and man those quad (or are they dual) 20mm are nasty. They scrape more the just paint off vehicles.

Hub6actual

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
sabot_up@telus.net
That is awesome to see. Love the hull down view and man those quad (or are they dual) 20mm are nasty. They scrape more the just paint off vehicles.
The pic doesn't really convey how much iron those four 23mm threw down range in what was roughly a two second burst. If a player can get the Shilka into some form of cover to keep it alive and still be able to use it, it will be hell on the legs and any light stuff the other side is using.

What is giving me fits is the Hull Down command. I seem to get very uneven results when I use it. This time, the LAV was perfectly hull down, as the pic shows. Not long after, I moved a Nyala up to the same ridge (it also has an RWS) using HD, and it ended up being exposed from the hubcaps upwards when I checked the vehicle positions afterwards. The only thing that saved it was that the enemy AI decided (correctly, as it turned out) the Nyala was not the priority target. I do understand that with hull down, you are only that versus one specific point in space, but even allowing for that, the results are mystifying me. I don't trust it enough to want to use it in a game. Doing it the hard way (plot move, creep up, look for ten seconds, reverse) is more reliable, if somewhat time consuming.

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
What is giving me fits is the Hull Down command. I seem to get very uneven results when I use it.
I'm not sure how you are using it but check out this thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/125448-v40-hull-down-question/?tab=comments#comment-1718348

@MOS:96B2P has outlined the method that I prefer. Only excpetion is I don't spend time with multiple way points I just put one just shy of the top of the ridge and adjust it as needed until I get an area target on the spot I want.

The whole thread is worth a read too BTW.

Hub6actual

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
sabot_up@telus.net
Thanks, I will have a look at it right now. (An hour later). Thanks again, Ian. I wasn't doing it anywhere close to right.

Last edited:

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
Well that's good then - perhaps you will be happier with it. I use it very offten now and although sometimes I get odd results I am generally happy the vast majority of the time.