Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Blitzkrieg Legend: The 1940 Campaign in the West by Karl-Heinz Freiser

A

ACSpectre

An excellent work that is finally available in English. The author does much to debunk the myth of "Blitzkrieg" and to point out the real reason for the French failure. Literally packed with excellent maps of the battle, this work is an excellent source of information on the campaign in the west.

The translation is excellent,making this a truly enjoyable read. I highly recommend it.

Hardcover: 507 pages
Publisher: US Naval Institute Press; First Printing edition (October 2005)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1591142946
ISBN-13: 978-1591142942

I read this book a couple years ago, really good read if you want to see how bad the Germans screwed up.

Hardcover: 507 pages
Publisher: US Naval Institute Press; First Printing edition (October 2005)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1591142946
ISBN-13: 978-1591142942

I read this book a couple years ago, really good read if you want to see how bad the Germans screwed up.

Very true. The book grapically illustrates how the Germans were successful in spite of themselves but also shows how allowing the Allies to escape Dunkirk was a fatal mistake.

Guderians Panzer leader had a good expose on the dunkirk incident, in a spiteful detail about how he was held off from smashing through the Brits.

Another book: Dunkirk - Is a decent account of the battle of Dunkirk and how the Brits suffered a huge brunt of the bashing.

-

I am reading (Right now) Vol 2 : Armageddon in Stalingrad by Glantz and Hannbal's War by Lazemby. Both are spectacular reads.

Back