Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The FGM Grand Tour: August - September 2018 D-Day to the Eagles Nest

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
Edward Fox.jpg

Over the past few months Ithikial has been liaising with Pegasus Tours to set up a 15 day tour from D-Day through to the Eagles Nest. The tour spends the first week in Normandy with equal times spent across US and Commonwealth areas of operations including heading inland for the Falaise Pocket. We'll then be heading north to spend a few days visiting the sights of Operation Market Garden, before heading back south to cover the Battle of Bulge. It's then across to Munich where we'll visit sites related to the rise of the Nazi party, and then Berchtesgaden / Eagle's Nest.
Some of the details can be seen here: https://pegasusbattlefieldtours.com/tours/d-day-eagles-nest/

The tour dates have been booked in for between the 21 August to 4 September. The dates mean we will hopefully miss most of the summer holiday crowds in Normandy while also definitely getting to head up to the Eagle's Nest which closes to the public once the bad weather sets in - ie it gets touch and go later in September.

The cost of the tour itself is pretty fixed with the varying cost relating to transport and accommodation which is dependent on numbers. (Prices will still be subject to change going forward but are in the right ball park).
Option A - Based on 4 people £3250 per person.
Option B - Based on 8 people £2750 per person.
Option C - Based on 20 people £2200 per person.

Definite numbers with monetary deposits will be required by March 2018.

The above does cover:
1. The prices are for each person having their own room. If people shared it would bring costs down.
2. The prices include all transportation from Normandy through to Munich, all guide services, accommodation & breakfast for 15 nights, entry to museums and also The Eagle’s Nest.

The above price does not include:
1. The group making its own way to Normandy by the start date where our tour guide would meet up with you on the morning of the first day. (Or possibly the evening before for a briefing).
2. Pre and post tour accommodation.
3. Lunch and Dinner costs for each of the days.
4. Drinking costs... ugh I mean personal refueling.

giphy.gif

How this will work.

Step 1: Over Christmas it's time to start sweet talking the Mrs / Minister for Finance / Our Better Halves to let you go.
Step 2: Let us know down below if you are looking to come along and get in contact with Bootie, Badger and myself via Private Message when you are ready to pay.
Step 3: Deposit your money into the UK bank account linked to the club. (This will ensure there isn't money all flying in directly to the tour company in a range of different foreign countries, and we don't have to worry about currency conversion at the last minute).
Currency Converter: https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Step 4: You'll be given access to a special private/hidden forum to talk to the other FGMers going on the trip.
Step 5: Engage a local travel agent or organise your own travel (or with other FGM members) for before and after the tour. You need to get yourself to Normandy and home after the tour.
Step 6: Book time off work. (If applicable - if not feel free to rub it in).
Step 7: Stay on the good side of the Mrs / Minister for Finance / Our Better Halves. (If applicable :p)

Merry Christmas FGM. To a brilliant 2018 and hopefully we can tick this club goal off the list. :D

Last edited:
Just saw this thread. (It's been a hectic December).

My brothers and I have toured twice with Gary (He is Pegasus tours) and have nothing but extremely positive things to say.
His knowledge, the way he presents it, can answer most any question, is unbelievably familiar with the fields. It's all first class.

Last edited:
That's well outwith my budget... my wife would disown me if I dropped that price tag on her. However if there is the option of meeting up for a few days round Normandy to meet you guys or popping over for a day beforehand to meet anyone going that would probably be more doable from my end. I think....

That's well outwith my budget... my wife would disown me if I dropped that price tag on her. However if there is the option of meeting up for a few days round Normandy to meet you guys or popping over for a day beforehand to meet anyone going that would probably be more doable from my end. I think....
In the new year I'll check to see if we can have a 'Normandy' only option.

A reminder for anyone watching this thread and doing some budgeting behind the scenes please contact me within the next few days or express your interest on this thead ASAP.

Please also note the dates for deposits as outlined in the OP. Ta.

Like the idea, but too much of a burden on my finances and time.

Back