Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Lions of Carpiquet - A CMBN Campaign is Released

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a load off my shoulders. :p

Bootie has updated the Scenario Depot in the last 24 hours which means a tweaked version of my Canadian campaign is released upon the masses.

Your Mission
The Canadian 8th Brigade is tasked with taking Carpiquet and the adjacent airfield. The 12SS Panzer Division stands in their way. Carpiquet is a fortress. Take command of a reinforced Canadian Infantry Brigade and crack the German defenses to the west of Caen.
- For those who love big battles.
- Lots of chances to use the Vehicle Pack 'Toys'.
- Perhaps the most explosions you'll see in one battle. ;)

Included in this download:
• The Campaign File – Copy this into the “Campaign” folder of your CMBN directory.
• A ‘z’ folder – Contains compulsory mods that are already mod tagged and ready to go. If you do not copy this folder to your existing mod folder the maps will look really silly!
• Operation Windsor – The Overlooked Battle – A scenario ‘history’ document outlining my final thoughts on the battle and the concessions I had to make in designing this campaign. SPOILER FILLED! The Scenario designer notes if you will. This is a separate document so the in game briefing field can be spoiler free.
• 4 x blank Master Maps
• Northern Map covering the village and northern approach.
• Southern Map covering the southern hangers, airfield and eastern control buildings.
• ‘Clean’ and ‘Damaged’ versions of each.

Many thanks to the following community members for providing feedback for the early release version.
@Mad Mike <- seems to be addicted to testing things for me. ;)
David Harding-Smith
“Jofontaine”

And also a special thanks to @Rambler for making the briefings that little bit special and coming up with the title card theme.

Requirements
• Combat Mission Battle for Normandy;
• Commonwealth Module;
• Market Garden Module;
• Vehicle Pack;
• Upgraded and updated to at least version 3.11; and
• A beefy enough computer that can run battalion plus sized battles.

Grab a Copy
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/c...-battles-for-normandy/the-lions-of-carpiquet/

WOWZA!

Amazing footage. Being a Canadian I will be sure to download and play this out but first will do some research on this battle first. I especially like that you created a mod folder for the campaign. I think I can just rename it "ZZZZ" so that all your mods load last correct?

:cheers:
Cheers

Congrats on the release Ith! A true labor of love, and I'm glad to have been able to help you out. You know where to find me if you ever need help with briefing graphics and whatnot again.

WOWZA!

Amazing footage. Being a Canadian I will be sure to download and play this out but first will do some research on this battle first. I especially like that you created a mod folder for the campaign. I think I can just rename it "ZZZZ" so that all your mods load last correct?

:cheers:
Cheers

It's mod tagged so it shouldn't be a factor, but adding a few more 'z' to the folder can't hurt.

What I want to know is how so much darn artillery can't kill those Germans:) Argghhh it is a tough go so far

Yeh, tried that, wind is blowing right at the Germans and it is strong enough to not really mask my men. Needless to say Monty will not be pleased with me. Nothing worse than an american getting all the British guys killed:)
Of course there are a LOT of men...... but never a tank around when you need one.

Yeh, tried that, wind is blowing right at the Germans and it is strong enough to not really mask my men. Needless to say Monty will not be pleased with me. Nothing worse than an american getting all the British guys killed:)
Of course there are a LOT of men...... but never a tank around when you need one.
Guessing you guys are on mission 2. It's managing the chaotic deployment that is the challenge there. ;) Read the briefing, you will get tanks just a matter of when. Making the right call when to push and push hard is what you have to do.

I keep getting crashes on the second mission. I'm not sure what the problem is since I have played Huge battles before. I lowered settings and still get crashes when clicking the red button.

<Sigh> Boomkow is hitting a problem with mission 2. Anyone else having trouble trying to hit the big red button for the first time in this mission? (With all the arty mission pre-planned).

@Mad Mike - Didn't show up in testing on your end did it?

Anyone have any strategies for the mission "Out on a Limb". I am getting trounced.

Back