Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The mp44

W

Wastemoreland

Saw this sick thing in a game recently.
An entire squad of troops carrying STG´s ONLY!
Surely this is not historically accurate?

Is it because the troops dont know how to flip the fun switch?

But again. My main wondering was about the historical accuracy.
Entire platoons equipped with MP-44 only?
David Hoggwash I´d say!

Oh, sorry I forgot that part. I am certainly no expert but actually in the late war they apparently did. BFC has the research tucked away - I didn't do the research my self. My understanding is that they decided that instead of spreading them out all over in little drabs they would concentrate the weapon into their own platoons. The plan was to replace the squads built around rifles and MG42s with squads built around everyone having the MP44. They clearly never had enough to do that for the whole army. Plus someone said they also decided that ditching the MG42s was not a good idea and modified their roll out. So, there might be platoons with all MP44s and MP44s and MG42s - if not now then in later time frames.

But again. My main wondering was about the historical accuracy.
Entire platoons equipped with MP-44 only?
David Hoggwash I´d say!

Don't disagree but I found this:

"As to what did the Gebirgsjäger look like in 1944-45...especially on the Western Front and Italian Front...you have to look at where they were fighting at that time. On the Western Front, the Gebirgsjägers fighting in the French Alps around the Mont Blanc region at altitudes of over 16,000 feet...so lots of high alpine gear. Later on you see two newly formed independent Gebirgsjäger regiments fighting in the Vosges Mountains against the 442nd/100th Regimental Combat Team (Japanese-American unit) and the 36th "Texas" Division. They were equipped with a large number of MP-44's and Marsh-pattern camo Windbluse/Windhose (mountain anorak/pants). "

Its one mans word with a reference: LINK

Different time period but reading into Stalingrad (Glantz) I have seen references by the Soviets saying the Germans were sending large groups of "Tommy gunners" against them.

Rifle is more reliable than I would have thought. Very impressive.

A table of organization and equipment. "TOE" or "TO&E" are correct.

"Army list", if you like.

Back