Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Real Voice of General Patton

I've just finished reading masters of battle, it states many times that his voice was rather feminine, apparantly his primary tool for getting round this was plenty of profanities

I've just finished reading masters of war, it states many times that his voice was rather feminine, apparantly his primary tool for getting round this was plenty of profanities

I would not say feminine. Certainly not George C. Scott though. He did not like his voice - see the Patton Papers by Blumenson and General Patton by Hirshson. I think he got around this more with action than with profanities, but he did use plenty of those. The original Patton speech, portrayed in the movie Patton was even more profane than one might guess based on the movie:

http://www.pattonhq.com/speech.html

Patton is my particular favorite...

Masters Of Battle also stated that before setting off for operation torch (at this points the troops didn't know where they were going) and he said in a speech that they were going over there to "rape their women", apparantly many women in the room walked out after that unsurprisingly lol

Oh and Schwerpunkt, i didn't hear his voice until i read the book and it was less feminine than i had got the impression in the book

Back