Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Rico-Shorker War

Here the earlier map with sample units dropped in (we still have to decide what the OOB's of both sides look like)

rico-shorker-war-PzC-style-map3-units.jpg~original

You can see the dug in Border/Grenzschutz units dug in on both sides (the brown hex borders indicate "dug in" status ... the number will indicate level of fortifications ... ie; 1 - foxholes, 2 - foxholes & trenches, 3 - trenches/wooden bunkers/wire & mines, etc)
There may be Corps Artillery units for heavier fire support.
Mechanised units are indicated by blue circle movement numbers, foot units by green. (might change that to improve visibility)
Both sides have a light naval unit and some air support as well.

Units will be built up by either side using available equipment rosters and then maintained by factory production in towns and cities ... troop levels by mobilising trained reserves.

Still a work in progress ... the CM battles will be played using CMGL set to May 1944.

And as before, the propaganda war will also be intense ... although at the moment, an uneasy UN-brokered peace is in effect... until broken no doubt, by the treacherous Shorker Reich government!

@Shorker and I have been discussing reincarnating the Rico-Shorker War into the 21st Century using CM Black Sea ... just recently bought it, so still kicking the tyres and test-driving it...

Some ideas so far from my side...

The fictional People's Republic of Riconov and the Shorkograd Republic are two halves of a small break-away Soviet Republic between Russian & Turkey on the Black Sea who split in half after a civil war in the late 90's.

There is a UN-negotiated ceasefire line and a disputed/demilitarised area which is mostly on the Shorker side of the border.

A few years back, oilfields were discovered in this demilitarised zone ... US Oil Companies have started drilling here and the US govt has supported the Shorker Republic with high tech arms sale financed by the oil revenues.

Russia on the other hand has supported, equipped and trained the PRRAF forces as a counter-balance to US influence in the region.

Tensions over border incidents have started again... and confident of strong Russian support and US weakness and distraction with Iran and the expanding ISIS empire, President for Life Riconov decides it is time for aggressive military action return the oilfields to their rightful owners.

Recent photographs of People's Republic of Riconov Armed Forces (PRRAF) on maneuvers -- The Iron Fist Brigade - ready to defend their Motherland against the evil imperialist Shorker forces! :D

Complicating matters is that the US has a small Mech Infantry Task Force Charlie stationed in the Shorkograd Republic and soon they become engaged in the fighting... things may escalate from here...

Last edited:
"Shorkograd...??? " HA HA HA!!!! :D :D :D Good story! Great! :cool: But we may play "blue vs. blue" also, of course - I honestly have now overview/experience yet which side has the better weapons (I guess they are equally strong) and I'm very unexperienced with modern warfare - but from ChrisNDs videos I have learned that US troops do have nightvision automatically at night while the Russians can only see at night through their aiming telescope on their rifle (just an example).

The "Lightning Fist" looks very very good on the tanks! :)

"Shorkograd...??? " HA HA HA!!!! :D :D :D Good story! Great! :cool: But we may play "blue vs. blue" also, of course - I honestly have now overview/experience yet which side has the better weapons (I guess they are equally strong) and I'm very unexperienced with modern warfare - but from ChrisNDs videos I have learned that US troops do have nightvision automatically at night while the Russians can only see at night through their aiming telescope on their rifle (just an example).

The "Lightning Fist" looks very very good on the tanks! :)

We can still discuss various options ... good thing is that everybody can basically play everybody Blue vs Blue.

Could be interesting to have core forces on both sides based on "Ukrainian" forces ... then smaller more sophistocated US and Russian intervention forces .... so US Force stationed in Shorkograd is powerful, but numerically small.

What program did you use to make the maps? I have hexographer, but your map looks much better than hexographer maps.

What program did you use to make the maps? I have hexographer, but your map looks much better than hexographer maps.

I used the scenario & map builder in the PanzerCorps Game and then exported the map as screenshots into Photoshop where all the other elements such as labels and unit counters etc are added ... final version of the map we'll be using is here in the new Rico-Shorker War II thread ... http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/the-rico-shorker-war-ii.21603/

Back