Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The secret life of Hitler

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Untitled-144.jpg

LINK

Adolf was a classic case of this, mind you i'm sure we all know people who are like this in everyday life..;)-

RIGHT MAN SYNDROME

The following describes a psychiatric condition known as "The Right Man Syndrome"-
The "Right Men" are domestic household tyrants who terrorise their families but they can be found in all fields of life: in business, politics, art, culture.
They are poor communicators, appalling listeners, tend to see everything in "black and white" and demonstrate a profound inflexibility.
As a result, they tend to be hopelessly out of date with the current times in terms of fashion, relationships, social and cultural trends.
They also often carry an erroneously fixed and out-of-date view about whom a person is and there is nothing that person (whether it be their son/daughter, neighbour, colleague) can do to convince them otherwise.
The "Right Man" thinks he's right because he carries "secret knowledge".
The "Right Man" tends to believe that he knows people better than they know themselves.
His catch-phrase is: "There is nothing wrong with me; it is everyone else that is at fault."
The "Right Man" must always have his way and is afraid of losing face above all ("How dare you talk to me this way?"): anything that might be an indication of his infallibility or erroneous ways is something that he can never admit.
And if things don't exactly go his way, he may try to scare people into submission by breaking into outbursts of rage.

http://www.23nlpeople.com/treatment/anger-hypnotherapy-nlp.html

I can't say the "right man" theory holds water. Half the attributes you forwarded couldn't be attributed to Hitler's character.

It seems that many people paint Hitler as a madman. I think that is ridiculous. How come the same isn't said of Napoleon? Alexander the Great? Pick your Roman emperor? Stalin? Mao? Genghis Khan? Pol Pot? The list could go on.

Must be because this forum revolves around WW2.

I don't doubt that these figures may have descended into paranoia or other mental disorder, after all most of them survived a number of assassination attempts. I doubt that many of us would behave much differently if defeat meant certain death, hmm?

It seems that many people paint Hitler as a madman. I think that is ridiculous. How come the same isn't said of Napoleon? Alexander the Great? Pick your Roman emperor? Stalin? Mao? Genghis Khan? Pol Pot? The list could go on.

Pol Pot? He was possibly the biggest nutjob of the lot wasn't he?

I concur, but I imagine history has focused on those whose actions were played out on the largest stage. Pol Pot's slaughter didn't include enough variety to warrant the title of Tyrant of the Century.

Apart from individual tyrants, let's not forget the mass tyranny of some religions in the past and present, going around torturing, burning, hassling and beheading anybody they don't like..;)

No true Christian has ever tortured, burnt, hassled or beheaded anybody mate..)
If they have, and claimed to be christians, they're no more christian than Hawk the Slayer.
It's not rocket science, Jesus said people are like trees and if their fruits (deeds) are rotten, then they're rotten too and are due for the chop..

I think the same could be said about most other major world religions. I suppose i should have rephrased it that bad stuff has been perpatraded in the name of most religions

Well something tells me there arn't too many Bhuddist extremists out there

I stand corrected.

You must be pretty messed up to interpret a religion that has non violence as one of its fundamental values as telling you to go attack people :frown:

Anyone can be over the top with any organization, religious sect, or even anti-religious sect. I believe the in the old idea of "Moderation"...

In terms of religion, that topic is a touchy topic...And has nothing to do w/ hitler being the megalomaniac that he is...So back on the megalomania topic: Hitler and every other top tier personality is mentally screwed...

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man" (Genesis 9:5–6).

"However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes" (Deuteronomy 20:16).

'But you will chase your enemies and they will fall before you by the sword;(Leviticus 26:7)
Sorry, POS, but GOD apparently disagrees.

Everyone recalls David killing Goliath with a sling, right. He also concluded the fight by taking Goliath's head, too. It would be hard for theologians to dismiss David as not being a "true" christian, so I don't know if members of this learned forum could argue that David was a mere renegade usurping christian teachings?

I suppose any denomination could remove references of violence from the bible and slap their brand on it, but I haven't seen it.

PS. Booties post was well,..providential?

..I suppose any denomination could remove references of violence from the bible and slap their brand on it, but I haven't seen it..

Jesus trashed the Old Testament and gave us a new upgraded operating sytem mate..;)
He said-"You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies"-(Matt 5:43-44)

People wonder why the Old Testament was so harsh. The answer is that God has never changed, but the way he had to package himself to get his message across HAS changed, he had to talk in harsh primitive OT terms to earlier harsh primitive peoples in their own "language" like a strict headteacher to get their attention.
"The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster,but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)
(Likewise, when Ryker joined Klingon vessel Pagh on an exchange visit as 1st Officer he had to punch and throw stroppy Klingon 2nd Officer Klag across the bridge to get the attention and respect of him and the rest of the crew )

When God felt the time was right to package himself in a softer way to more advanced peoples, he gave us Jesus who came not to abolish the OT wholesale, but to show us how to apply its rules with enlightened goodnatured commonsense and tell us "Schools out forever"

And people quickly realised - "The covenant of Jesus is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6-7)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"Through Jesus we are saved,and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"Jesus is worthy of more honour than Moses" (Heb 3:3)
"The law was given by Moses,but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"The veil covers the old covenant,but is removed by Jesus" (2 Cor 3:12)

Jesus saves, not the OT ;)
Right Klag?

"Grrrr..."
klagA.jpg

Good job, POS.

I'll close with this.

In his [Jesus] teaching on the mount, he upheld the authority and validity of the Old Testament law, as we see in Matthew 5:17-20:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will be any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

I imagine we have drifted away from the original query. That's all from me.

Back