Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The secret life of Hitler

Good job, POS.
I'll close with this-
In his [Jesus] teaching on the mount, he upheld the authority and validity of the Old Testament law, as we see in Matthew 5:17-20:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.."

I knew somebody would say that..:)

Nevertheless despite what Jesus said, he DID abolish some Old Testament stuff, like when he trashed the old "eye for eye", and like when he told the mob to clear off for wanting to kill an adulteress.
In context therefore he was setting an example that we shouldn't rip up the OT wholesale but to simply put its harsh bits behind us and move on.-"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30)

I've been pen-palling with a witch for 11 years and we get on great, i haven't had the slightest urge to burn her at the stake yet like the OT orders us to..;)

Here, Jesus touches on how the OT had to make allowances for earlier hard-ass attitudes- "Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so" (Matt 19:8 )

After all, if God wanted us to stick with the OT, he wouldn't have sent Jesus to give us a whole new upgrade to bust us out of the prison of an old obsolete mindset-
"God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18 )

chain-gang.jpg

YOUTUBE- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzVzJ21fHeU

Back