Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The sorry state of my games

H

Herroberst63

With:
- Will S: Using La Gleize map which is very cool, he seems to be massing to take the northern town objective. Good tense game. I need to hurt his infantry more. I recommend the map as very interesting. Why my .50 AA halftrack decided to move up to be destroyed by Panther is a mystery, obviously I gave it an order it could not complete and he chose his own path... sigh LOL. Dinked two of his MkIVs and AA HT, he dinked my M8 in ambush on flank. He absolutely slaughtered me our last mirror game, this one going better as I am paying particular attention.
- Hedgehog: We restarted OFW A Chance Encounter Redux. Briefing and setup a bit confusing and force lay out weird but map is interesting and tactical situation as well. Town surrouneded by wooded hills, basically a run to the town in center and try to push across bridges but river fordable. Reinforcement increments bring in more tanks.
- Simon G: Map test, lots of forces, meeting engagement. Lots of fun so far. Great map. Lots of tactical choices. I like this one alot. Basically starts with surging your forces to the middle of the map and middle flanks and seeing what's what. He jeeped up some PIAT teams, at least one Sherman and such and caught one of my armored cars, a truck-borne infantry and a Stug that way and also shot up a platoon commanders kubel but I have eradicated that threat. Still bringing up forces, limited roads. Lots of fun.
- PanzerKnacker: Caumont map but with game half over his Germans still have not advanced. Maybe he thinks I'm attacking? the Objectives are all on my side and attacking with his Tigers sitting on a hilltop would be foolhardy to say the least. Not sure what he's doing.
- Jobu88: Just started, map interesting, A Monk's Wine scenario. We'll see.
-Piu-Piu: Just started but its been a week with no return...
- Fuchs: Great map, lots of forces, he has a solid hold on the central objective but I hold the flank objectives. Both sides infantry has been torn up. Lot of my armor gone (I think I spent three tanks to get his Panther in flank... arrgh), but still have some moves to make. Great game.
- Nemesis: Wiltz. Panzers intact so far, infantry torn up by mortar fire. Tough one. Nemesis kicking my butt. This Wiltz with no center objective on hill and no roads (covered by snow?) which I didn't realize but whatever.
- Lech: CMRT, interesting map, large forces, managed to take out two panthers on right flank with T-34/76 flanks shots but he has dinked a couple of mine by sitting on hilltops with Tigers. Good game could go either way. Stopped his left flank push through woods with halftracks and gun halftracks for now. He's using artillery all over the place. I bought some air, two increments sturmoviks but cannot tell them what to do... sigh LOL at least they are not bombing me.
- Bill: CMBN Boys Against Men. Still developing. Looks like a major push on my left flank. Granatenwerfer Feure! Put a round into Stug with 57mm AT gun but it moved to defilade, don't know if I broke something on it or not.
- Noticing I have to check force selection criteria before selecting as it seems set on low quality, -1 leadership, etc otherwise.
- I like big maps and 7K-8K forces as it gives lots of choices.

"We're jolly green giants walking the earth and these are great days"

Sounds like you're having fun :)

About the opponent just sitting and waiting for you to attack, it COULD be that that particular map/scenario gives each player a different set of objectives, so he believes he's sitting pretty on the right spot. I played one scenario like that (I believe it was called Platoon Patrol?). Both players just sat on their own corner till the time ran out.

Supposing that might be true. This is a QB with imported Caumont map. I have sent out scouts but they haven't found anything other than the Tigers on the hills that I can see.

And how could I forget DoubleD's doing me at Bois de Bauguin. Crushed my left flank attack, dinked most of my tanks, some progress on right flank.

@Herroberst63 Left you a message on CMHelper before reading this post. Take your time sorting your games out.

Stug is doing fine. It was moving fast to make it hard to hit.

Back