Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The view

95bravo

Is the view of the terrain supposed to be like CM1 where I can see trees, house, streams all over the map? Currently I can only see detail in the immediate close up view of the camera. Everything else is just shades of green and brown like the high altitude view from Red Baron.

What are your computer specs like? My buddy runs the game on a very low end laptop and it won't even render trees, even when they're turned on. You can only see trees within about 50m of the camera location. None of the rest draw at all.

My view is like that. I have a Lenovo laptop with Vista, Intel core 2 Duo, T5800 @ 2 Ghz, and 4 G RAM. Going on 2.5 yrs.

My laptop, handles CMBN quite handily for the most part. I have a little bit of a stutter when scrolling too fast, but it is acceptable for the beautiful rendering of the terrain. It does the replays without a hitch.

My rig:
Asus G73JH-A3 Republic of Gamers 17-Inch Gaming Laptop - Black
* Intel i7-720QM (1.60GHz Quad-Core)
* 8GB DDR3 1066MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 8GB
* 1TB (500G 7200RPM x2) HDD; Blue-Ray Disk Combo Drive; 802.11 b/g/n
* ATI 5870 Graphics with 1G GDDR5; Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System
* 17.3-Inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display; 2.0M Webcam; Gaming Backpack and Mouse

I will be rebuilding my desktop soon, as it is a couple of years older than my laptop, and I can see it needs upgrading to get the most out of CMBN.

Back