Tiger Tank [Work in Progress]

CAMO

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
9-13 games.
Hello gents, here are some pics of my current build.

I will try my best to represent Heinz Tensfeld Tiger early, mount S21, SS.Pz.Abt. 102 attached to 2SS Das Reich, 2 plt. which ko'ed 10 T34's in 30 min at Kursk, august 8th '43...

Attachments

Big Joe

FGM Corporal
I built Tamiya 1/35 tanks about 30 years ago and I could swear your kit is a much larger scale because of the detail. Excellent work so far, don't rush it! Is the track all single piece or that horrible rubber strip they used to supply?

CAMO

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
9-13 games.
nice, you should return and build some more! the kit tracks were single piece dragon ds tracks (crap) had to replace them with afv club workable tracks

CAMO

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
9-13 games.
Cool progress; looking nice. How'd you do all the battle scars on the front? Looking forward to more updates.
thanks! the damage is done with a dremel and putty over a texturized surface for more realism, almost done with the building, painting is next.

CAMO

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
9-13 games.
Is there a reference detailing the effects you are applying there Camo? Some model builder secret tome?
lol you can get a lot of info online, I always texture the surface of the plastic in order to give it a metal texture, I do this with dilluted putty from tamiya in thin stippled coats, slighty sand it when it dries.