Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Top gear

B

Bidermann

Did any body watch this on Boxing day? We did and thought it was very poor and stupid .

I never watch Top Gear because Clarkson, May and Hammond are like overgrown schoolboys and the show is full of rigged phoney stunts and stuff.
Hammond is halfway sensible but he's not doing himself any favours by hanging with the other two clowns, so the sooner he makes a good career move and breaks away from them, the better.

WIKI LIST of Complaints against Top Gear- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Top_Gear

I can't stand the way they talk, it seems they're always playing to the camera by choosing their words slowly and carefully like wooden robots, instead of just being natural.
For non-Brit members, left to right in this pic are Richard Hammond, James May and Jeremy Clarkson.
(Oh and they NEVER call each other Dick, Jim and Jerry, how weird is that?)

tg-1.jpg

Well , they decided to land in Iraq as the 3 wise men and travel to Bethlehem ! The main trouble as you can see is that Iraq is still a war zone, so they went north and tried to enter Iran which funny they where not aloud in. So they went into ~Iraq and then into Turkey which ment going through a war zone between the Kurds and Turkey. They then had to travel to Jordon and then into Israel then onto Bethlehem. They dressed up as three arab women with full black burka,s ,the program was a total laod of crap with such staged events and the three pretending to worried about being shot ( I wish). But you see where ever they went there were soliders protecting them . Such a total waste of tax payers money ,the program has reached a new low and I hope it goes away very soon.

I think it is a great show ! I though the episode of last saturday was less funny then usual (except Clarkson's remark about the Americans and the great cars). The Iraq episode I didn't watch completely yet. Thought the start was very funny with the opened cargo doors of the airplane with Hammond sitting very close to it in his car !

Their schoolboy conduct is precisely the reason why it is funny. And who wants to know really how good the new Volkswagen Golf is ? When you love cars you want to see the Lamborghini's, Ferrari's etc. No sensible cartests.

That clip POS posted was quite entertaining mind. :)

Yeah but they spoil themselves because their mannerisms and speech is so bleddy irritating all the time and I just can't watch them any more.
Same with Harry Hill's 'You've Been Framed', it's an entertaining show made completely unwatchable by his silly commentary..
I've also gone right off 'Jackass', it was entertaining at first but now all I see are a bunch of halfwits making fools of themselves.

PS- Top Gear's Clarkson can be sensible when he wants to be, for example he made a good one-off TV documentary about his late father-in-law who won the VC for slugging it out with Tigers pointblank with a PIAT, and another about the St Nazaire raid.
Incidentally he bought/borrowed an old English Electric Lightning jet fighter and put it in his back garden, I wish I knew where he lived so I could go look at it in Google Earth if he's still got it..

WIKI- Clarkson has a keen interest in the British Armed Forces, he presented a programme looking at recipients of the Victoria Cross, in particular focusing on his father-in-law, Robert Henry Cain, who received a VC for actions during the Battle of Arnhem.
In 2007 Clarkson wrote and presented Jeremy Clarkson: Greatest Raid of All Time, a documentary about Operation Chariot, a 1942 Commando raid on the docks of Saint-Nazaire.
At the end of 2007 he became a patron of Help for Heroes, a charity aiming to raise money to provide better facilities to wounded British servicemen.
Clarkson borrowed a Lightning (serial XM172), of the Cold War era, which was temporarily placed in his garden and documented on his TV show Speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Clarkson

I think Top Gear is tops, the stuff they do is to me always entertaining. Geez who else would make a Reliant Robin try and enter space.

I just watched it again and was laughing so hard I was crying at the end. lol

ok...we have our Mythbusters which is similar...but I dont think they ever build a 1:10 scale shuttle!!! AWESOME!!!!

I love the Mythbusters too !!

They get to build a lego ball, there was a virus vid some where ion the US that showed a lego ball rolling down a San Francisco street. fantastic.

My son loves the American version of the show. I have watched a few episodes with him and found it mildly entertaining

Top Gear is crap...
I don't understand that show...
If it is something like comedian show, than it's (maybe) ok..
If it is car related - it's crap. I really dont care if car has ashtray here or there or where is window lift button located...and most of their time they talk about talk kind of ****...

Back