Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

True Detective 2

The first series was excellent but the last episode, one of the most predictable ending ever seen :(

OK, having watched the first two episodes I have some thoughts. Nothing happens, much, in the first episode other than introducing us to the 4 main characters, one bad guy and three "detectives." Don't expect more and you'll be fine. It is an odd hour as the whole thing is a bit disjointed and somewhat hard to follow as it bounces around, but you'll get through it.
Actually, something happens but you have to wait until the last 2 minutes or so.

Episode two the investigation of the murder begins. By then I decided I actually didn't like any of the main characters. If anyone is sympathetic it's the bad guy 'cause he's been ripped off for about $5million. Uh, but he's the bad guy... Actually he doesn't seem all that bad, just a crook. Anyway, a lot of the show is spent with the actors all doing their best to look stoic and melodramatic. Putting more then 5 words together seems almost beyond there abilities, or the writers anyway. They do have frowns and stares nailed though. The whole show is all very dark and more than a little creepy in an "icky" sort of way. Humor? Exit stage left.

So, am I done? Uh, nooo. I just can't seem to bring myself to look away. I'm sure the next chapter will bring surprises as well since each one has a different director. Now, who thought that would be a good idea? Apparently Matthew McConaughey(sp) and Woody Harrelson as they are both listed as Executive Producers (which in Hollywoodspeak means they have money invested). I'm pretty much all in though. Not going into any detail as it would be a serious spoiler, but the end of the 2nd episode was as shocking as any plot twist as I've ever seen on TV. I have no idea how they will resolve it. Maybe they won't!? Stay tuned.

Back