Turn 3B

H

Herboski

Ignore my dumb ass - what also had me confused was also that the screenshot on the briefing was inverted from the opening view when the game opened - set-up to follow later today

H

Herboski

The hiccups are mostly mine - one couldn't tell by my initial bumbling excursion into FGM and my problems with the multiple threads that I've been gaming online for 20 years!!! My apologies to all
So.... I'm usually good for 2 turns a day or more, time zone considerations included -
As to this melee - I can see why I have exit zones - my guys are subject to getting overrun by masses of Big Red One Guys and 7th Armored Ronsons!!!!
YIKES!!!!

H

Herboski

Phil - I'm not good at doing screenshots - would be good to record and post the last image of each turn - can you do that?. As for this turn - would be good to see the boxcar full of explosives that your fabos dropped on my guys displayed

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
Phil - I'm not good at doing screenshots - would be good to record and post the last image of each turn - can you do that?. As for this turn - would be good to see the boxcar full of explosives that your fabos dropped on my guys displayed
The rear gunner pic from my flyboys, showing the aftermath ... a telltale column of black smoke rises from the cloud of dust and smoke; a half track caught in another bomb blast; and a StuG under ground fire, having survived a near miss from another bomb ...

The StuG crew later abandons their vehicle ...

Followed seconds later by the crew of one of its two accompanying Pz IV s ...

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
@PhilM
I love the flyby screenie!!! How did you get that perspective? I know that you and I are Mac brethren and I would love to know your secrets. Also, which mods are you running? I love your smoke.
Glad you like them! (@Herboski perhaps not quite so much ... :p )

The flyboy one I set up using my usual view control, ie a magic (name?) mouse, the one with a "touchpad" for finger control ... I just tried to imagine the view from the departing A-20 rear gunner, and used the left (move view) and right (orient / spin view) mouse buttons, together with the finger scroll to raise and lower the view level to get the viewpoint I wanted. Also IIRC this pic has a single step (X key) zoom in to get a bit closer and frame the action as I wanted ...

I have a package of Mods installed: Aris's, JuJu's and Vin's (Thanks guys!!): the smoke is from "Aris Graphic FX Mod Compilation". I can happily dropbox you the mod files if you'd like them.

Hopefully some more pics soon of German armour going "Boom!" Probably just jinxed myself now!! :rolleyes:

DasTiger

FGM Lieutenant
Glad you like them! (@Herboski perhaps not quite so much ... :p )

The flyboy one I set up using my usual view control, ie a magic (name?) mouse, the one with a "touchpad" for finger control ... I just tried to imagine the view from the departing A-20 rear gunner, and used the left (move view) and right (orient / spin view) mouse buttons, together with the finger scroll to raise and lower the view level to get the viewpoint I wanted. Also IIRC this pic has a single step (X key) zoom in to get a bit closer and frame the action as I wanted ...

I have a package of Mods installed: Aris's, JuJu's and Vin's (Thanks guys!!): the smoke is from "Aris Graphic FX Mod Compilation". I can happily dropbox you the mod files if you'd like them.

Hopefully some more pics soon of German armour going "Boom!" Probably just jinxed myself now!! :rolleyes:
DropBox would be most excellent!!!! I think I still have the folder....
Maybe not upon second look. If you still have one could you do a reinvite?

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
Hell the size of that crater. :eek:
Great photos! Geeez that crater!
There are a few more that size around the map! (Thanks @kohlenklau for the air support for this mission!) ... but I cannot tell definitely that all of them caught something, as not in my current LOS ... I'm just hoping to see more columns of black smoke in a while ...

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
DropBox would be most excellent!!!! I think I still have the folder....
Maybe not upon second look. If you still have one could you do a reinvite?
I'll set up a one-off folder for these Mod files and drop you an invite ... :)

*Edit*: invite sent ...

Last edited:

Concord

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
The battle in sector Q12 is complete.

@Zinzan
A good battle. You got a lucky break with your Mark IV eh?
Both of our tanks fired - and hit. Within seconds. Sherman connected first. Damn that armour penetration! :)
You fought against the odds numbers wise, and fought well.
Thanks for the game!

Zinzan

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
zinzan1963@googlemail.com
@Concord
Very Nice game, well played. Enjoyable game. Nasty map ;)

Yeah the AFV Battle was very close, I spent rest of game expecting more armour to come roaring out of woods. :eek:

Will you report it as completed on ladder, please?

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
I'll set up a one-off folder for these Mod files and drop you an invite ... :)

*Edit*: invite sent ...
@DasTiger ...

You've not yet joined the drop box folder with these mods in ...??

If you don't want them that's no problem, but if so let me know and I'll delete the drop box folder to clear the space.

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
The battle in sector Q12 is complete.

@Zinzan
A good battle. You got a lucky break with your Mark IV eh?
Both of our tanks fired - and hit. Within seconds. Sherman connected first. Damn that armour penetration! :)
You fought against the odds numbers wise, and fought well.
Thanks for the game!
Can you send me the end game file please.