Turn 4 Allied moves and attacks.

PhilM

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
EXCELLENT mein kamerad, Destroying their punty AFV's is vital as the American soldier is an irrelevance - their culture is so decadent they have no moral strength.
ONWARD to final victory (Oh-Oh the madder side is in control now, Run to the hIlls etc :) )
No, we're not fighting in punts! This isn't the Varsity boat race, don'tcha know! :D

Zinzan

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Battle 3
@Concord v's @Meat Grinder

Any news on the status of this battle - btw Yes i know this is a public part of the forums so be carefule what you say. :) (Kettle black etc.. Like Zinzan bothers being careful what he says :p)

Last edited:

Meat Grinder

FGM Captain
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Battle 3
@Concord v's @Meat Grinder

Any news on the status of this battle - btw Yes i know this is a public part of the forums so be carefule what you say. :) (Kettle black etc.. Like Zinzan bothers being careful what he says :p)
Shots have been fired. A more detailed battle report will follow in the Axis HQ, Herr Kommandant.

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
There's no need, only if you want to. I can take it from where you guys left off and process the battle results.
Ok yeah would definitely like to CF to see the AAR. It just don't feel right stopping a battle all of a sudden. So @PhilM if you dont mind lets CF the battle please. Can't say I blame you for calling off the attack, the terrain favors the defender and your staring down a Panther with what appears to be no 76mm guns left.

PhilM

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Ok yeah would definitely like to CF to see the AAR. It just don't feel right stopping a battle all of a sudden. So @PhilM if you dont mind lets CF the battle please. Can't say I blame you for calling off the attack, the terrain favors the defender and your staring down a Panther with what appears to be no 76mm guns left.
Sorry, I think I prefer to retain the Fog of War ... as you question, did I run out of 76mm guns or not? I'd prefer to leave you not knowing.

We are, after all, playing a multi-player campaign, not a single CM battle between the two us, when my answer might have been different.

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
@PhilM But it doesn't sacrifice the overall FOW in the campaign. How are your losses calculated? Since your troops are taking mortar fire on their heads makes it hard to just slip away with little more losses. Also since you the attacker have abandoned the battlefield, my troops can simply recon the battlefield to tally up your losses.

An example where this rule can be abused. Say a few tanks caught out in the open about to be doomed and the player knows it and decides to retreat to save his tanks. So what happens, all forces just sorta magically disappear to the GM to figure out? Seems like extra unnecessary work for the GM and not a very fun experience for the players, especially the winning player.

Personally I think if a player wants to retreat then he should be required to physically pull his troops back to the original setup zones and cease fire. At this point the opponent is instructed to CF. And if FOW is so important, then give all attackers/defenders exit zones (non-pts) so the opponent doesn't know what forces were left. Most realistic IMHO.

In all honesty, out of the playing CM MP campaigns going back like 15 yrs to CMBO I've never seen this before. But hey first time for everything. :shocknaz:
@Nathangun

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Based on the Retreat rules quoted below:
Retreat
If an attack into a hex is successful, the defeated unit, if it is still exists will have to retreat.
The retreating unit may not retreat into a hex that is already occupied or that is in an enemy ZOC, (see ZOC above), if there is no available hex the unit is considered destroyed and removed from play.
When a battle has 15 minutes remaining, If the units are in a 'friendly' corner/side of the map at the 15 minute mark (there won't be an exit zone) the defender can inform the GM he wants to withdraw, the defender can wait till after the ten minutes if they want to save more men, then the player sends the GM the latest battle file, the GM will determine if the conditions are right for a withdrawal.
It doesn't say much about conditions for the attacker retreating, only for the defender. Our battle is at the 28 min mark. Certainly there should be some conditions in place for the attacker as well right? Perhaps I missed something.

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
To be fair Axis players have slipped off the battlefield without both sides seeing the end screen already in the campaign.
Myself & @Concord were involved two campaigns (The Onion Wars & CMMC 3 or was it CMMC 4) were seeing the end screen was forbidden due to FOW.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
To be fair Axis players have slipped off the battlefield without both sides seeing the end screen already in the campaign.
Myself & @Concord were involved two campaigns (The Onion Wars & CMMC 3 or was it CMMC 4) were seeing the end screen was forbidden due to FOW.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
Ok fair enough, thats the way its been then apparently thats the way it shall be. Perhaps something to ponder for the next round maybe. Just thinking of lightening your workload being the GM and all. I know it only takes a few seconds to drop in some exit zones for sides. Also think it would be really fun (and realistic) for the victor and dreadful for the retreater to pull troops back. Since it is after all.... a bloody nasty part of war!

Having said that, no hard feelings towards you @PhilM Good game and like I said, dont blame you at all for the retreat. If I were in your shoes I would more than likely do the same. :)

Ah yes the Onion Wars, I remember that. Wow thats a blast from the past, good times indeed! :cheers:

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
@Zinzan @kohlenklau

Battle 1
@Panzer_Kraut v's @Shorker - @Panzer_Kraut has ordered a retreat, Axis hold the Hex.

Battle 2
@PhilM v's @MeatEtr - PhilM has retreated, the Axis hold the hex.

Battle 3
@Concord v's @Meat Grinder The Allies fail to capture the hex, Axis hold the hex, a Axis victory.

Gentlemen of the Axis team, you may want to start giving thought for moves for the next turn, Turn 5.

Remember this announcement.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
Some minor tweaks in the rules.
(1) When Panzer/Armoured Divisions suffer total tank losses, each division will have at least two Shermans/Pz IV's.
(2) From turn 5, kick ass artillery will be available for battles 2 battles per turn for each side, the caliber of which will be decided, make requests in your respected HQ's.
(3) From turn 5, 3 reinforcement points will be available per turn for each side to spend at the end of each turn.
Each point will add up to 40% 'Head count' per Division and 2 points will add 2 Sherman's / Pz IV's to each armoured division (that's 2 added upon the minimum allocation to the 2 in point (1) .
Units can only be reinforced if they meet the following conditions:
If the unit hasn't moved for that turn.
If the unit hasn't fought a battle that turn.
If the unit is in supply.
If the unit isn't within the ZOC of an enemy unit.

Zinzan

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2charge:VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!! :panzer:

ermm, well done men; :cheers:
thanks @Nathangun will have a think, strategise :shocknaz:and hopefully be ready for Sunday