FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Hiya guys. @Gnarly
Apparently there's an update available for CMFB?
I guess it might be a problem to do an update mid battle eh? Might want to wait until this round of battles is finished perhaps?

Gnarly

FGM Company Sergeant Major
Hiya guys. @Gnarly
Apparently there's an update available for CMFB?
I guess it might be a problem to do an update mid battle eh? Might want to wait until this round of battles is finished perhaps?
It should be pretty easy: one player (say me) takes the turn from you as existing 1.01, plays it, and saves it (does not send). Then I close FB down, patch to 1.02, reopen saved turn and finish turn, producing 1.02 output. I give that to you, and you will have already patched up to 1.02, so off we go.

I'm not fussed either way, as I currently only have one other FB game on, and my opponent is 'offline' till the end of the month. But if you have multiple games on, likely they'll be patching sooner rather than later? What you want to avoid, is having two installations of FB, one patched and one not. Been there, it's a little annoying....

Concord

Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Thanks for the info @Gnarly
I just checked, and my copy of CMFB (only recently purchased) is still v1.00
I wonder if I need to apply the 1.01 patch before I do the 1.02?

By the way, I only have the one game being played at the moment, so I'm okay to patch or leave until after our battle.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
It should be pretty easy: one player (say me) takes the turn from you as existing 1.01, plays it, and saves it (does not send). Then I close FB down, patch to 1.02, reopen saved turn and finish turn, producing 1.02 output. I give that to you, and you will have already patched up to 1.02, so off we go.

I'm not fussed either way, as I currently only have one other FB game on, and my opponent is 'offline' till the end of the month. But if you have multiple games on, likely they'll be patching sooner rather than later? What you want to avoid, is having two installations of FB, one patched and one not. Been there, it's a little annoying....
Just to add / clarify on the bold bit above ... the recommendation from BF is, I understand, to watch the replay and move to the orders phase in the old version, save it off at that point, patch, re-load the file and give your orders in the patched version, then hit the RB again as usual to give the v1.02 output.

Just in case the words "plays it" left some room for doubt about exactly when to save off the game and apply the patch.

Hope that helps a little, if anyone is doing this mid-battle: apologies if it's just me being pernickety ...

Concord

Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Nope. Recent purchase, and I wasn't even aware there were patches for it.

Meat Grinder

FGM Captain
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Ok, then I'm not sure if you would get away with just doing the 1.02 patch. To be safe, I would install each patch, starting with the 1.01 patch (obviously).

Or you could ask over at the BFC tech support forums.

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
Gentlemen, please discuss with your opponent before updating the patch, you never know if they're not able at the present time.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Ok, then I'm not sure if you would get away with just doing the 1.02 patch. To be safe, I would install each patch, starting with the 1.01 patch (obviously).

Or you could ask over at the BFC tech support forums.
@Concord ... if you've not got an answer to this sequence point yet:

One of my opponents wants to patch mid game, so I'm just going through a dual install of both versions, and hence have just run the v1.02 patch to update one of my two copies (the other left in v1.01 to finish those games) ...

The v1.02 patch opening screen says:

IMPORTANT: You must already have v1.01 of Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg installed on your computer before running this installer.

Hope that helps ...

Zinzan

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
zinzan1963@googlemail.com
Apologies all for my absence - Worked 122hours in last 10 days (Yeah work is a barsteward at the moment :()

I will be about more this weekend and hopefully will have a "little" more time next 10-14 days.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Apologies all for my absence - Worked 122hours in last 10 days (Yeah work is a barsteward at the moment :()

I will be about more this weekend and hopefully will have a "little" more time next 10-14 days.
And there I was thinking it was me that had scared you out of St Vith ... :cool:

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com

Jesus! I thought I worked crazy hours.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk