Turn 7

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Hiya guys. I made a video compilation of my recent battle with MeatEtr, who commanded the 9th SS and the 3rd PzGr.
It showcases my favorite highlights from the game. As such, it is presented with a bias towards my 101st Airborne. ;)
After checking with MeatEtr and Nathangun, I've decided to post it here.
It was one of the toughest, most challenging (and most stressful) games I have played. Very enjoyable. :)
Game on!

Thats awesome man, great job! Yeah brings back some not so good memories hehe! But some good ones too, nice to see my arty get some kills.

We sure made a mess of Marche didn't we! LOL :D

For the record I forgot move orders on a couple of those infantry-packed-HTs and paid dearly for it as you can see. (near Panther/Stuggie at start of battle)

7:15 the flamer shot right over my Panther (one of my holy sh!t moments!) :eek:
And right after that is that Rambo moment I was talking about. Them 30 cal dudes really know how to put the lead out! Always a relief to see them fall. :)

:2charge:

Concord

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
And our heavy artillery caused each other some WTF moments too.

I had called in my heavy artillery on top of my own platoon at the southern end of town, because I expected they wouldn't hold long, and there is a long spotting delay.
But I adjusted the fire during the countdown so that it would be delayed even longer, because that platoon was still fighting.
Then to my horror, heavy rounds started falling among them causing casualties...I thought I had made a mistake and shelled my own troops.
But after a while I realized it was your heavy artillery coming in! Ouch! Still, better than friendly fire in my view.
Then you finished shelling and moved in, only to be surprised that heavy shells were raining down on 3rd PzGr, making you think you had made a mistake!

Did you see that scene where one of your half-tracks comes roaring in towards the Rail Yard, MG blazing, and a dude stands up in the moving half-track and starts shooting his StG 44? Wow.

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Actually... in hindsight... (something I didnt tell you in our PM convo) .... my confusion of your arty negated the use of my own heavy arty for a second time.

Normally with high caliber arty I'll just adjust it rather than cancel it. Usually quicker in the long run and adjust time is still long enough to get your spotter in a new position to adjust again to your real target. Pretty sure I did this (was months ago) but your arty started coming down at the same time mine stopped. Mine was like 203mm and im sure yours was at least 155mm, same amount of guns, and we had what appeared to be the same exact "Line" target. So I gave it a few turns and was like "WTF"? So kinda panicked (taking what I thought was friendly fire) and decided to cancel it completely. Then to my realization when the arty never stopped, crap it was enemy arty LOL! Also took much longer to get my spotter into a new position to call it in again. So the super long 20 min delay to bring it back into battle never happened.

Ahh yes good times indeed! :D

Edit to add... think I had like 15-20 shells left too. Plan was to drop it in the main middle OZ as I moved in on it.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
philmaynard1@mac.com
@PhilM and I are not going to make this deadline (I'm writing this on October 13). How should we proceed? Should I request a Cease Fire?

Well played, Phil. Salute!
Thanks; you gave me a good going over!

Apologies for the slow turn rate which meant we couldn't finish.

I was hoping that your Fallschirmjager were going to press their attack to literally the last man ... :eek:

You didn't really have (m)any places to hide; I wouldn't have liked to have had to start from where you did!

Bulletpoint

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
Turn 7 B
22nd December

Allied

@Concord @Berto @General Specific @poesel71 @Berto @PhilM @Hedgehog @Panzer_Kraut

Axis
@eniced73 @Mad Mike @DasTiger @Shorker @Zinzan @MeatGrinder @Johnsy @Mauser GDog @Herboski @robslion @MrLongleg @Gnarly @MeatEtr

The weather this turn is Gloomy and both sides have no air support.

Battle 1

9th Panzer SS Division & 3rd Pz Gr Division
v's
101st Airborne Division
Axis Victory

Battle 2

12th SS Pz Division & 3 Fallschrimjager Division
v's
82nd Airborne Division

Allied Victory

Bulletpoint

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.
I'm following this impressive campaign from the sidelines with interest.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but do all those counters represent divisions? Do you then represent each division with a battalion in the game, or how do you handle the scale?

By the way, it would be nice if player names could be shown under the results of each battle - for example, who just successfully defended Aywalle despite being surrounded by SS Panzer and Fallschirmjäger? :)

Last edited: