Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV SERIES] Band of Brothers

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
T. Hanks + S. Spielberg = Success
There is not much else to comment on.
I think it deserves a space in this forum.
wQQCJ2F.jpg

Brilliant evocation of the experiences of a unit throughout the war. Devastating, uplifting and horrifying all at once. Pulled no punches in showing the affects of war, but also wonderfully demonstrates the values of leadership, comradeship and experience.

One of the ALL time great War series!!

"Band of brothers" was IMO was/is the best WWII series/movie I've seen. I mean the scene in the barn when the Sgt was dragging away the dead German soldier, he was wearing hob nail boots! I'm not an expert on uniforms but I didn't see any discrepancies in any of them.

One of the best mini series ever made for sure.
I really liked how while keeping tabs on all the various soldiers, they switched focus all the way through. Such as Doc in Bastogne, or even groups like the replacements during the MG campaign.

It's also funny how many of the actors aren't actually Americans, as I couldn't tell the difference accent wise when watching it the first time. Only figuring it out after with looking at who the actors actually were.

Keep going back to it.

As has been said before, it shows so much of what war was like - brutal, visceral, raw emotion, base humanity, everything.
The battle scenes are amazing, .....you always feel like you are right in the middle of it.

Along with Saving Private Ryan, this is my favourite WW2 viewing.

Steve

Amazing series. Superb from start to finish.
I was waiting for this kind of scene when first watching it. I was very surprised when this speech was given by a German general. Because what he says could have been said about the American soldiers we had just watched going through the war.
This reversal of roles was brilliant.

"Band of brothers" was IMO was/is the best WWII series/movie I've seen.
*cough* "Das Boot" *cough*
:D
But for WWII infantry no doubt.

The best movie and series I've ever seen on WWII. My two sons still talk about it, and relates to it, I "forced" them to see it many years ago. In the family we still jhas the saying: "would I share a foxhole with thar guy".....

Back