Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV Series] Combat!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3576
  • Start date
<snipped>
One aspect I liked was that the Germans spoke German,
<snipped>

Well, the actors used German words but if you understand German, you quickly realize that what they said was mostly gibberish; a kind of pig-latin "auf Deutsch".
Still, I loved this show too for all the reasons you stated. You can watch it on YouTube now.

I watched this when I was a kid. It was the only show my parents would allow me to stay up for when the next day was a school day. It's still my favourite TV series and I have all the episodes on DVD. Considering the series was always under budget and time constraints, it set a pretty high standard for it's time. Some of the story lines were a tad on the hokey side, but not that many. The battle scenes were always gritty, tense, and action filled. One aspect I liked was that the Germans spoke German, and the French spoke French - no subtitles either. Scenes were crafted well enough that you could figure out for yourself what was meant even if you didn't know what they were actually saying. A lot of attention was paid in trying to get uniforms and equipment right. Five seasons is a good run in TV land. Was a popular show to be a guest star in. I think everybody's favourite actor managed to get on there at one point or another. Vic Morrow as Sgt. Saunders and Rick Jason as Lt. Hanley in the pic.

View attachment 16716
Like you I watched this as a kid in the early 60's. It was my favorite program on TV. My wife got me the DVD set a few years ago for Christmas. She now knows who carries the BAR!!

Back