Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV SERIES] Elementary & Sherlock

Z

Zinzan

As a lover of the old Sherlock series of films I approached both these series with trepidation. However they are both fantastic with excellent scripts, wonderful acting and a great respect for the originals.

Both series take the essentials from the original books and update the action to the present day; however they refuse to change or simplify the characters and most importantly the awkward relationship between Sherlock, Watson and the police.

Sherlock is a unique genius who doesn't fit into society in any way - a favourite quote from Sherlock is "I'm not a psychopath I'm a high functioning sociopath" - but their desperate attempts to operate in a "normal" world and deal with simple issues - such as friendship - bring the most affecting moments to both series. They are also moments of humour and pathos at times.

Finally they are wonderful examples of drama that refuses to hold your hand or talk down to it's audience.

BRILLIANT and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Well, it was, and I'll miss it. Although I think the timing was very good. Not much new they could have added to the show and had they tried they'd undoubtedly have "jumped the shark" at some point. Anyway, my point is that I think the final episode was absolutely perfect. I was surprised and delighted how they did it.

This really is suitable for binge watching as I think it got better as it went along. Would have been a bit easier to keep up with some of the carry over plots as well. If you haven't watched this yet go ahead and give it a shot. I think you'll be pleased with the time spent.

Back