Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV SERIES] The Vietnam war

Z

Zinzan

Excellent 10 episode documentary programme summarising the whole war. (technically it's just the American involvement, but....)

Informative, wideranging and occassionaly shocking this is both an excellent primer for newbies to this period and a (deeply unsettling) reminder for those of us who remember the war. 10 out of ten for tone and qualty.

Wonderful soundtrack with most of the obvious candidates (but so what it's still GREAT music) and a v.large variety of interviewees from all sides. Beautifully edited and excellent usage of news clips with familiar and new footage.

Shoiwn on BBC 4 in the uk it's available from Amazon or via the BBC iPlayer.

I agree, it is very well made, depicting all sides of the conflict and how the Vietnam War tied into the civil rights movement and the hippie era. Also insightful into the political "smoke and mirrors" right from the start. I knew some about the war before this, but have a whole other understanding of it know. For our Swedish members, it might be on SVT Play still for a while. All 10 episodes were released on Christmas Day.

Saw the whole thing. Well invested time.
I wonder about the role of the russians and chinese. The series depicts Hanoi firmly in the driving seat to an extent I find hard to believe.

It was very sobering seeing all the parallels between that war and the current war in Afghanistan. Pretty amazing considering the fact that all the senior military leaders at the beginning of the conflict were junior officers during Vietnam.

Back