Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV SERIES] The Walking Dead & Fear the Walking Dead

ehhhh.....

I "fast forwarded" all the "lovey" kid on the bed stuff.

I think series like this are so compelling that it might be better to watch when the whole season is available to watch.

BUT, at the same token, the series is so captivating that it is hard to do so.

OOOOOOHHHH sweet irony! :)

Ohhhh... just watched the 3rd episode.... Shane is a bit of a shit isn't he.... can see why he did it to Ottis but even still!!

imagesqtbnANd9GcSLS_i0wnAM9_xgI6ya9.jpg

Not an uncommon practice nowadays by networks to break their "seasons" in half. I don't get it either. It would seem to me by taking a 3-month break the show would lose momentum and viewers. Apparently I'm wrong though.

Must say a lot of the characters are starting to lose their appeal for me. From Dale the nut job to all the other whiny, irritating "victims" I wouldn't mind seeing the walkers take down about half of them.

I did not find the series as compelling this season. Although the episode with the boy getting shot was a good one. The final was fairly intense, although I think "Shane" has carried the first half of this season.

I don't know how they will reconcile with "Herschel" after Shane pretty much burned every bridge they had built to try and remain there. I noticed most everyone pitched in when it came to blasting Herschel's zombie relatives.

I've got some basic problems with this season like:
a. Find your own farm a few miles from Herschels. Remember, Good fences make good neighbors.
b. Dale! Commandeer a better frigg'in motorhome. Stop at the next mega RV lot, slaughter the zombie sales staff and drive off in a new diesel pusher with a pair of slide out bedrooms....c'mon man.
c. Everyone...better security protocol. Build some pipe bombs for the eventual zombie masses and get ready for the real danger of other desperate *******s who are on the run from zombies and will kill you for a ham sandwich.
d. Keep an eye out for Darrel's mean assed brother...he's out there somewhere...waiting...watching... and planning with bad intentions.

I follow the show and kinda like it, the zombie barn slaughter was awesome with some pretty cool headshots and the little missing zombie girl was some kind of modern twisted drama...

I really dig this show on many levels.

Shane is right.....in that kind of world, you would HAVE to be tough and rational to survive.

SURE, keeping one's humanity and having morals is essential too or you become jackals and bandits without law, but I dont think Shane is this way. I think it was seriously messed up shooting "Earl?" (fat guy). I really dont think that was necessary, but it was rational....In a "Spock" way.

This ideal of morality in times of great distress takes me back to one of my ALL TIME favorite movies: Night of the Living Dead. (old AND new)

Now, I dont like it so much because it is a zombie movie or even because it was way ahead of its time. I like it soo much for the character interactions...the decisions that are made based on what each characters is thinking in terms of survival and the group as a whole.

If you like studying that sort of thing in films, then I really cant say enough about the Night of the Living dead movies.

Anyway...I think Shane is right.

However, I thought it was a HUGE waste of ammunition!!!! I mean COME ON! Anyone see a press anywhere? How are they going to replace those precious rounds?

Back