Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV SERIES] The Walking Dead & Fear the Walking Dead

You can catch the pilot episode on the AMC website. Not sure if they put up episode two yet. Episode three was on last night and should run a few more times this week. So far, I am hooked. Great series. I hear that it is re-newed for another season in 2011.
Lord Bane

Haven't heard about it here in NZ yet, but we are always last to get series here.

Looks really good.

Wasn't that guy out of jericho ? I loved that series and was disappointed when it got canned.

Jericho was the same, It was great and was loved but rated poorly so the network canned it half way through the first season and producers thought well we had better tie this off seeing as we don't have a 2nd season. They killed off on the main characters in the sesaon finale.
There was an immense public back lash and they thought whoops and restarted production on a 2nd season of 7 episodes, but had already killed off a main character, doh. The plot suffered from the hasty shut down of the first season and it was not successful again.

They have been promoting a contest to get "stagger on" roles as extras, which tells me they shot a half dozen episodes for a pilot and will begin production on next season. I think it is a hit and it's because they aren't cheap on the FX and the dialogue is grittier than on regular television dramas. I think they can have some real fun with story lines. They have to keep people guessing who's gonna make and who doesn't.

Walking Dead opening looks like an adaptation of 28 Days Later -- (which is still one of my favourite zombie movies ever) -- just set in US with more traditional slower moving zombies.

It seems that way because of the opening (guy wakes up in the hospital). But this show is actually based on a comic that's been running for about 2 years now, and the comic was written (but not published) before 28 Days Later came out. So the similarities are coincidental.

As a huge fan of the comic, this is now my new favorite show. And so far they aren't pulling any punches. There is some stuff in the comic that will never make it to the screen, but so far they're sticking to the story line pretty well, and aren't going easy on the blood and violence. It will be interesting to see how the full season plays out (and especially season 2) since sh*t REALLY goes down once you get further along into the comic's run.

Well I really am hoping it makes it here, thought we may have heard about it by now. Backwards little New Zealand. :lol:

Yes, the season Finale was last Sunday night. Have to wait for the next season now.
Lord Bane

They left plenty of story lines hanging, but the season finale gave it a place to resume the story. Although, an actor's contract for this series might be written from episode to episode. They left it with viewers guessing, " What path to take now?" "What became of actor Y?" and the biggest mystery of all, "What did the scientist whisper in the main characters ear near the end of the last episode?"

I MUST KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS!!! I WANT MORE.......MORE........(mindless zombie mutterings....)

Back