Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV Series] Vikings

Is Thrones of Britannia any good? I had it on my Steam wishlist forever but never picked it up because I worry it's dumbed down "Hollywood history" and full of bugs... Like the last dozen Total War games. Still, I'm interested in the setting.
Yeah it's total war but it seems to be based on real history. But honestly I wouldn't know, I've read zero books of this time period. It's only ten bucks on sale right now, probably worth it if your interested in the setting. Check out some reviews of the game!

They changed some things from traditional TW games. Most are welcomed. For example, there is no stance setting. Just regular march or fortify, no ambush or forced march. The quartermaster perk for generals can help campaign map move range. Also no diplomats, spies or priest agents, all gone. This is great IMO, no more tons of them running around the map.

Also armies take time to build, so when you recruit they start at about one third strength and slowly grow over time. Also the more Elite units take longer to grow like the berserkers. Which makes sense, your not gonna have armies of Elites in this game like previous titles.

Also you gotta keep your noblemen/governors/generals happy and loyal to your leader. Mainly from bribes and giving them estates from your conquered lands. I had to fight a rebellion uprising once and just barely avoided a second one. You can assign a max of 10 governors to your most rich cities to maximize income.

Last edited:
Back