Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

UBOOT

This looks very, very cool. I love the cut away display of the sub where you can see inside. Very detailed. It reminds me of the U-505 submarine on display in Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry. At the museum you can actually walk around inside the U-505 submarine. It is very similar to the cut away display in the video.

I wonder if you control just the captain of the sub and interact with the crew or you control some or all the crew (in the video there seemed to be four crew members displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen). Might be a little overwhelming trying to control all the crew members all the time. Hopefully most are controlled by the AI.

Off to STEAM to read up on this game.

Conflicted: Hope it will be BRILLIANT, (Oh please be a really good subsim) and not a junk-shite survival game with more emphasis on game mechanics rather than historical accuracy.

This is from someone who REALLY, REALLY likes WW2 sub warfare games. So I'm gonna be very upset if this isn't amazingly good (by his own insanely unreasonable standards of course.:rolleyes: )

I never claimed to be reasonable and am even more exacting over naval warfare games than other wargames _ so expect a full on tantrum if this isn't great! :mad:

Found this at a website. Link included below. Interesting.

In UBOOT the player will have direct control over all that happens on the boat as well as over all of its crew members. You can not only give them orders, but also step into each’s shoes and perform individual actions yourself – walk about the boat, listen for contacts, or aim a torpedo at an enemy ship.

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1666

From the video above, it looks like a lot of fun. But that could be due to the reviewer. I laughed through the whole thing.:D

Back