Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Under the Eyes of the White Manor H2H

W

Will S

I want to play this one from the attacking side. I've heard it's a really difficult attack.

I'm familiar with the map, but have never played the scenario. Its CMBN.

Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one ended with an Allied offensive total victory. Great map, moderately-rough bocage terrain with a string of buildings down a central road, and of course the "White Manor" that players seek to control. The designer said the force purchase points were equal to a quick battle, but did not specify which kind. Seemed to be an attack or assault as the defender was quite outnumbered by superior Allied force. Americans suffered less than 10% killed and 30% of their infantry never engaged in this fight, German side had three men remaining. The burden is on the defender in this one, a challenge, but not one that is out of reach. If playing this scenario I would suggest the more experienced player take command of defending force to balance things out a bit. The narrow map and allied assets make it tough for Germans to hold ground, but the attacking side does have to go deep into the map to secure the victory objective. There is opportunity to create a in depth defense and stop the American advance if the German troops can inflict carnage on american lead elements and withdraw before followup support takes them out. Nice challenges for both players and worthy of a play.

Good game Bill.

Units got boxed in by the bocage and isolated. Bocage works both for and against the defender. On reflection could have done a few things differently. Could have used the mortars more effectivley in the opening turns.

Definitely worth playing.

Good map to fight a few battles trying different tactics and units.

@Meat Grinder regular turns.

That's cool. Everyone has different experiences. I'm not sure what the new patch would have to do with anything though? Any game software conditions or limitations are shared by both players equally.

My assesment of the game came mostly from the vastly superior numbers and machinery of the attacking American force.

Yeah, but in an admittedly very limited sample size, the fact that defenders don't bug out at the slightest sense of adversity since the new patch seems to help. They really hang in there behind the bocage, regardless of indirect or tank fire. And are correctly hard to dislodge from buildings IMO. I could be wrong though, given the large amount of variables between any two games.

Oooo I love a good finger-wagging session. @Wellsonian I could increase the sample size. We could play mirrored.

One of the variables would be troop placement. As it is a scenario initial unit variables would remain the same changing during the game. Some of the other variables would be spotting and shooting.

Oooo I love a good finger-wagging session. @Wellsonian I could increase the sample size. We could play mirrored.

One of the variables would be troop placement. As it is a scenario initial unit variables would remain the same changing during the game. Some of the other variables would be spotting and shooting.

Set it up! Mirrored.....I love the map.

Another huge variable is @Will S. Ladder champ and all that.

@Wellsonian You deleted the folder. I thought I was special.

Reshared folder using email address you gave me awhile back.

I just delete the contents and leave the folder. Only needs altering if any of the emails change.

@Wellsonian You deleted the folder. I thought I was special.

Reshared folder using email address you gave me awhile back.

I just delete the contents and leave the folder. Only needs altering if any of the emails change.

But of course you are special :p…..I just have mild OCD with the size of my dropbox files....usually I can reactivate them if I know the exact title, but I couldn't remember...….I'll work on setups today. Good lucki!

Back