ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Unity of Command is an innovative and refreshing operational-level wargame that covers the entire 1942/43 Stalingrad Campaign on the Eastern Front. Playable from both the Axis and Soviet perspective, it strives to recreate the strategy, the forces involved and the general tension of that crucial period in World War II.

Experience the highly fluid, enormously large battles of maneuver in a turn-based strategy setting. Take command in this mobile, back-and-forth sort of war where logistics and poor weather are often the decider, and defeat and victory are sometimes just a mile, or a day, apart.

Well that is the official blurb anyway... Unity of Command is what I would call a beer and pretzel game, the kind of game you can pick up and play and you don't need an encyclopaedia sized manual to get round. Now that doesn't mean the game is simply or lacks depth... oh no... it just means you know the basics of it very quickly. And in fact Unity of Command versus the AI is an absolute bitch to reckon with.

The game has plenty of content to it in the form of missions, campaigns and multi player. The graphics are eye catching and a break from the normal hex based top down graphics that are the norm in the genre. To be honest it has very few weak points if you consider it a 'beer and pretzel' game. Those wanting more in depth analysis of actual battles and unit designations... basically the who what and where of WW2 strategy should probably pass on this. For me though... I like it.

Last edited:

HOA_KSOP

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I have the game and all DLC's and can vouch what Bootie says- it will be one of the most challenging beer and pretzel games you will ever play. Easy to learn, hard to master, very hard to beat the time limits. AI will test you.