Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Updating CMx2

Figured this would be a better place to post about this subject rather than a Tourney site.
Anyway, when I patch CMFI with 3.0 patch (it says it updates CMFI & GL) the intro game screen then shows version 1.20. Is that right?
Further, when I add the Hang 'em High game file to the battle/scenario folder it does not show up. IIRC that's meant a version conflict in the past. A little help?

Last edited:
Hey mTk.

Are you upgrading from something like the original version of FI&GL? If so, after loading the upgrade you have to enter your Upgrade Liscense Key. Then I think you have to exit out of the game. You then use the Activate New Products to complete the upgrade process where-in you have to enter your original Liscense Keys.

Not sure if that is the problem or if this helps at all but thought I would throw it out there. Good luck sorting it out!!!!

Hmmm...I'm a little confused. Did you mean you updated your 3.0 with a 4.0 upgrade? I don't think there is a "patch" that will do it. You have to buy the upgrade don't you?

Fu***** numbers! The 4.0 CMFI upgrade patch is designated patch 1.12. I was just at BF.
When I install that patch (which claims will update both CMFI & GL) my start screen shows v 1.12.
And no sign of the HeH game file.
Oddly enough, during all this it has never asked me for a lic key #.
I think I'm done.
Yeah...Im not sure if that is a misprint on the BF site or not. I thought the only way to get to 4.0 was by purchasing the 4.0 Upgrade.

I just checked my account at BFC. To get engine 4, I bought Combat Mission 4 Upgrade Big Bundle for $35. If you are only upgrading CMFI to Engine 4 the BFC store has CM Fortress Italy - UPGRADE 4 (Windows) for $10. So you have to pay for the Upgrade and it is referred to as an Upgrade not a patch. However there are also patches and Upgrade 3 etc. at the store. Maybe you are looking at a patch? I think you want one of the two choices I mentioned above (the $35 or $10 choice) The numbers you are referring to,1.12 etc., sound like patches not the upgrade.

The one you click on at the BFC store should read: CM Fortress Italy - UPGRADE 4 (Windows) and cost $10 (Unless you have a Mac or are getting the big bundle to upgrade all the CM titles like I did. )

When done the splash screen should look like what @Meat Grinder posted above. CMFI v2.0 Engine 4

And if you bought the v4 engine upgrade you can always download the full installer for CMFI and just perform a full install. It is bigger but you don't have to worry about what version you start with. If you do run into licensing problems make sure you read this first (and then contact BFC support cause none of us can really help ;-): http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/27-special-upgrade-4-tech-tips/

OK. My CMFI is now v4.0 as it shows v2.00 on the start screen.
Now, I just need to upgrade GL. The GL patch upgrade is 1.12. (that I can find) However, that was issued back in 2013 so when I install it it downgrades my CMFI game.
So, if you were me, what patch do I install to upgrade GL now? Give me a patch #. There must be something newer than what I have found? Pls.

Last edited:
Hey MTK....I may be way wrong....but have you tried going to Activate Modules? I think that is what you have to do. If you had GL before then I am pretty sure it should show as a module you can activate.

OK. My CMFI is now v4.0 as it shows v2.00 on the start screen.
Now, I just need to upgrade GL. The GL patch upgrade is 1.12. (that I can find) However, that was issued back in 2013 so when I install it it downgrades my CMFI game.
So, if you were me, what patch do I install to upgrade GL now? Give me a patch #. There must be something newer than what I have found? Pls.
That would be an old patch for Version 3.0 of the engine so I wouldn't install it. There hasn't been a patch for v4.0 of the game just yet.

If in doubt I'd just use the all combined universal installer Battlefront introduced across all it's families of games.

Upon further review, my most recent error message says that I don't have GL installed, but the game shows a list of greyed-out GL scenarios. So, I go back and reinstall the GL module and of course it sets my CMFI game back to v1.10. LOL.

So, I updated CMFI back to 4.00 aka 2.00 and while the GL scenarios are still greyed out the Hang 'em High scenario is there and apparently playable. WTF? Anyway, I've sent the game file on to my opponent and we'll see what happens.

I hate BF.

Back