Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

USA Military Veterans - one year of Prime Membership for $79 through 11-Nov-2019

Amazon Prime gets you free 2 day shipping on all your Amazon.com orders.
Yeah, that is a benefit, although I don't usually care about the shipping time. They are building a HUGE Amazon center in Rossford (About 20 minutes from me) so my shipping times should get better anyway. This lousy economy has got to be changed!!!!!! Only a government takeover of ALL private business will do the trick. These evil business owners need to feel the pain!!!

Chuckle..

I looked into it and decided Amazon prime didn't have all that much over Netflix unless I was missing something

That's fair. @Meat Grinder notes the free shipping and they also have a streaming music service for Prime members. I originally joined Prime because of the free shipping. Then I got hooked on the videos they stream as well as the ease to subscribe and unsubscribe to other premiums services like HBO (for Game of Thrones) and CBSAllAccess. Amazon picked up the new seasons for "The Expanse" which I will enjoy. My wife and I enjoy "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" as well. The Veterans offer of $79/year equates to $6.60 per month. That's less than a six pack of decent beer and a pretty good deal.

I am also a person who does not mind subscribing and unsubscribing to online services (Netflix, Hulu, HBO, CBS All Access), on the regular. I haven't been a Netflix subscriber in over a year, yet my account is still waiting for me to log back in and click subscribe. I dropped HBO as soon as Game of Thrones ended. I dropped Hulu as soon as I finished the first two seasons of The Orville. As of today, the only "premium" service I am subscribed to is CBS All Access (for Star Trek Discovery) through Amazon Prime Video (which I would have regardless, because of the free 2 day shipping). :)

I gave up my satellite dish for my antenne so I am always open for new viewing options. So when I saw the offer for the $79.00 I dug into it. I still may do it as I need to show my wife all the perks of Amazon prime, and like MG states I could get it at the reduced price then drop it after a year. I did buy a "Roku" for $28 bucks, they have some OK stuff on that as well, free.

I am also a person who does not mind subscribing and unsubscribing to online services (Netflix, Hulu, HBO, CBS All Access), on the regular. I haven't been a Netflix subscriber in over a year, yet my account is still waiting for me to log back in and click subscribe. I dropped HBO as soon as Game of Thrones ended. I dropped Hulu as soon as I finished the first two seasons of The Orville. As of today, the only "premium" service I am subscribed to is CBS All Access (for Star Trek Discovery) through Amazon Prime Video (which I would have regardless, because of the free 2 day shipping). :)

I’m the same.....I plan on picking up Disney+ for the Mandelorian, then ditching it.

Back