Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

USA Vs North Korea

Meat Grinder

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
So NK is well on the way, if they aren't already there, to having ICBMs with nuclear warheads.

How would a conflict between NK and USA play out? Let's assume that no other nation becomes involved (although I fail to see any scenario that South Korea wouldn't be in).

Here is one take:

Note that this scenario doesn't take into account the fact that USA might use tactical or strategic nukes.

But even little chubby cheeks has to understand that either action is literal suicide for himself, and his nation. You think he's *that* crazy?
I think he may be. If we roll the dice and lose...the US won't be hurt but wow...it is a VERY difficult situation. Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us blow the little bastard to smithereens...but...
Yes, he most certainly is. Megalomania is completely irrational. Little Un has no moral compass. He would consider such nuclear bonfires his only worthy funeral pyre.
I agree..

I don't think he's crazy. He's clever, and is doing what North Korea has been doing since the Armistice; skillful brinkmanship. The regime is brutal, criminal and their government system is nonsensical, but there's method to the madness. The evolving nuclear capability, real or imagined of the regime, is just part of the pattern. I could've sworn reading somewhere that even without nukes, they'd just chemically shell or dirty bomb Seoul - lord knows it's within arty range. The problem is the same, it's just evolving. North Korea makes us ask "at what cost?" an inevitable allied military victory would bring.

I've always believed that if North Korea snapped, we'd have no opportunity to do a pre-emptive attack because of how vulnerable Seoul is. It's a scary thought.

The rinse-repeat of saber rattling followed by concessions (usually in the form of humanitarian aid) shows that North Korea understands what they have to do to continue to exist. They've positioned themselves so that unilateral military action against them is considered too dangerous and waiting for them to wither on the vine is simply unacceptable to China - who believes they will have to deal with a refugee crisis.

Frankly it's probably making granpappy proud; Kim Il-Sung played both the Soviets and the Chinese like a violin. Expelling Soviet advisors and threatening to go to a dissonant China for help, then turning around and doing the same thing to China. It's the same game with different players.

---

I like Binkhov's videos though, even if I don't always buy into them.

Last edited:
Such a conflict wouldn't be worth one US or South Korean life...and there would be many....NK wants attention, and the Orange Moron seems happy to give it to them

The only reason the world hasn't dealt with 'bad haircut nut job' is China. The other month China put out a statement that they would side with NK in the event of a pre-emptive attack on the North but would sit back if the war started due to a NK strike. Question is would China actually back up it's words and commit military forces into a fight with the western world? It would crash it's export economy overnight. I personally don't see what China has to gain from protecting NK in today's world but it's turned the entire scenario into one giant game of bluff for both sides.

The only reason the world hasn't dealt with 'bad haircut nut job' is China. The other month China put out a statement that they would side with NK in the event of a pre-emptive attack on the North but would sit back if the war started due to a NK strike. Question is would China actually back up it's words and commit military forces into a fight with the western world? It would crash it's export economy overnight. I personally don't see what China has to gain from protecting NK in today's world but it's turned the entire scenario into one giant game of bluff for both sides.

This is correct. The US cannot get into a land war with China in Korea. We struggled against them when they were a developing nation in the 1950s. Today, they would likely push us into the ocean.

China is concerned about having a Western aligned nation on their border. This is too bad because NK will eventually have ICBMs. The whole thing is a Catch 22.

I think the solution is to work with China to topple NK and install a Chinese approved government in NK. Seems like the best compromise.

Back