Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

USS New Jersey BB 62

I just read this:

"USS New Jersey (BB-62) is the most decorated battleship in Navy history, earning distinction in WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, and conflicts in the Middle East. The New Jersey’s history spanned over half the 20th century, from her design in 1938 until 1991.
She was launched on the first anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and went on to steam more miles, fight in more battles, and fire more shells in combat than any other battleship in history. In WWII, the New Jersey led the Pacific Fleet under Admirals Spruance and Halsey and fought in the two largest naval battles in history. She was reactivated to fight in the Korean War, and again to fight in the Vietnam War, when she was the world’s only operating battleship. She was reactivated for a third time in the Cold War to halt Soviet expansionism and resolve conflicts in the Middle East.
After fighting fascism, communism, and terrorism, she was decommissioned for the final time in Feb 1991".

Thanks Terry for piquing my interest. I didn't know.(y)

cRzoaZS.gif

Back