Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Watching PBEM turns multiple times before the next instructions.

B

Bierbauch

Another newb question. What I have been doing is watching the next turn I get via overhead with no details. All I see are the units moving with tracers. I would like to get close to each unit and see what they did during the previous turn. Is there some way I can get "up close and personal" with each unit at "ground level" so I can see what they are seeing? I think my biggest disadvantage is not seeing the "ground" my guys are in. Thanks for the help guys.

Have you checked your hotkey and navigation key assignments? Mousewheel for me controls the altitude, so I scroll down to get in the weeds. TAB will centre on the selected unit. Zoom controls to zoom for the desired units eye level to see what they see, and also check their visibility (e.g. whether they are hull down, poking out of trees, etc).

Is this what you are seeking?

Have you checked your hotkey and navigation key assignments? Mousewheel for me controls the altitude, so I scroll down to get in the weeds. TAB will centre on the selected unit. Zoom controls to zoom for the desired units eye level to see what they see, and also check their visibility (e.g. whether they are hull down, poking out of trees, etc).

Is this what you are seeking?
No Gnarly-I would like to rerun the turn multiple times to see what each of my units did before I started my next movements. In the old days you could watch the action over and over and then move your units for the next turn. Right now I have to zoom clear out to catch all of the action at once and try to determine what happened. I want to watch how each unit reacted to the last turn at their level to see how they each reacted to my commands.
Thanks

No Gnarly-I would like to rerun the turn multiple times to see what each of my units did before I started my next movements. In the old days you could watch the action over and over and then move your units for the next turn.

You can still do that. Not sure why you are having trouble. Just use the built in "VCR controls" in the UI and use your mouse to move around the map, and zoom in/out on a unit.

Are you playing turn-based or real time?

You cant do this in real time. But you can certainly do this in turn-based, using the play buttons/rewind buttons on the right of the UI.

ui.jpg

Again, we may be talking about different things?

Last edited:
This thread says sooooo much about why we can call this the BEST Combat Mission Site on the Webby. Polite, clear, helpful, respectful....(I'm taking him away now before he spoils this.... Isn't he sweet :D )

Absolutely Zinzan:
I was waiting for some snide remarks from the trollers but I was pleasantly surprised. I sub to a lot of various game genre sites that when you ask a question the "experts" make you feel like a turd in a punch bowl. Finally-I found a great bunch of "experts" that dont penalize me verbally cause I am not an expert.
Thank you troopers

On a side note I am getting my butt handed to me by Titan and Panzer Kraut but I learn something new every match. At least I have a working knowledge now on how to view and move my units:2charge:

On a side note I am getting my butt handed to me by Titan and Panzer Kraut but I learn something new every match.

Nothing wrong with that, they are both seasoned players. I learn something new each game. @Titan especially likes to play newbies. His therapist suggested he try to win some computer games in order to help with his "small country syndrome". ;-)

With what you said concerning Titan MG I am the "perfect stand up target" for his therapy. My ego died years ago-I just like the camaraderie associated with the matches.

Got another Newb question;
Once the match is over can I review all of the turns from both players:unsure:

Technically yes: you have all the turns from both players (your opponents turns will be in the "Outgoing email" folder and you'd have to move them to either "Incoming" or "Saved Games" to be able to load them), but you'll need to ask your opponent nicely for their password so you can watch their turns as well as your own. There is no function to watch the game in full once its done- the game doesn't make a continuous playback for you so you'd have to watch each turn individually. Its pretty time consuming.

When you're setting a game up you can always ask up front if it would be alright to swap passwords at the end.

Thanks Hap-I was hoping that I could watch the whole game in one sitting but I guess it is not meant to be right now. I used to race on IRacing and you could save the race and later review every driver during that particular race. It REALLY helped me get better and I was hoping I could do the same thing with CMBN. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to attend the University of Hard Knocks to get my degree:shootero:

Thanks Hap-I was hoping that I could watch the whole game in one sitting but I guess it is not meant to be right now. I used to race on IRacing and you could save the race and later review every driver during that particular race. It REALLY helped me get better and I was hoping I could do the same thing with CMBN. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to attend the University of Hard Knocks to get my degree:shootero:

Yes i can assure you we have all been through that University, part of the process. As long as you learn something each time

Back