Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Weekly World Quiz

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
These two countries are building entirely new capital cities in new locations. Which countries are they?

Egypt and Indonesia

South Korea and Kazakhstan

India and Saudi Arabia

South Africa and Myanmar
The correct answer is A - Egypt and Indonesia

In Egypt, a new capital is taking shape 30 miles east of Cairo, featuring Africa's tallest tower and the Middle East's largest cathedral. Construction of the “New Administrative Capital” began in 2016, with phase one nearing completion and phase two slated to start later this year. More than 1,500 families have moved in, expected to rise to 10,000 this year, alongside 48,000 government employees. The project, estimated to cost $58 billion, aims to alleviate Cairo's congestion. Despite criticism of its expense and social segregation, the new city hopes to attract international businesses with modern infrastructure and smart city features.

Meanwhile, Indonesia is building a new capital, Nusantara, in the jungles of its second-largest island, Borneo. The vision of former President Joko Widodo, the new capital is envisioned as a green, high-tech utopia away from the overcrowding of Jakarta, Indonesia’s present capital. The new city is being designed to accommodate two million people and will cost an estimated $38 billion. But its development faces a series of challenges, including investor reluctance and displacement of the local Balik People. Opponents question its economic feasibility and ecological consequences, while proponents see it as a forward-looking model for sustainable urban development.

This one I got right because
I figured that South Korea, India and South Africa were not about to change Capitals.

I don't know, might be a cool idea to switch things around now and then ;)

Back