Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

We're all buggered and Sir David Attenborough says so.

This guy says otherwise, and I for one believe him.
It´s all a big scheme to get more money out of people. Particularly rich people. Just listen the woman that asks "what rich people" intend to do to this so called problem.
In her logic. Rich people are to sort out this so called problem that ALL people are to blame for.

Here is a more scientiffic version. I highly recommend it.

Yeah - no

Climate change caused by humans is real. And a real problem. I have been around biologists since the early 90s they were all well aware of the existence of a warming climate and some of the problems that it will cause. Climate models and studies are getting better and showing us more.

My only problem is we are not going to die out in 12 years or 20 or even 50 if we do nothing. We are just going to have bigger and bigger storms, droughts and eventually the displacement of people. The longer we put off trying to reign ourselves in the bigger the problems are going to get. And the more misrible those that suceed us will be.

This idea that it's all a fraud is total bunk. Do not listen to people who want to stick your head in the sand. Do not listen to people trying to convince you it's not real. Do not listen to those that try to teardown the voices trying to tell you the problems. Read the science. Listen to experts. Biology profs and meteorological experts are not out to trick you.

Call and believe what you will, try and explain to me how and why the ice caps are melting at a unusual speed, plus the ferrous weather that the all parts of the world are going through, there will always be doubters and disbelievers, the studies over the past years must mean some thing I would have thought, we have become a throw away society, using resources much much quicker than we should do which in my opinion can't be good for the world, every one is entitled to an opinion but just look at the facts and studies[/USER]

Guys I am sorry to say so but I am afraid this is not a fraud. I had the opportunity to exchange scientifically with Jean Jouzel. This guy is a pure scientist and has no reason to bluff or to hide any political agenda, especially to me.

His data are sound, of high level evidence and absolutely frightening: +8 to 10 •c at a 100y horizon. It is just more than what we can cope with as a specie. I would add, the expected consequences of such a scenario are so dire than even assuming a 5%% chances he is right, I would be convinced that acting is an absolute emergency

Yeah - no

Climate change caused by humans is real. And a real problem. I have been around biologists since the early 90s they were all well aware of the existence of a warming climate and some of the problems that it will cause. Climate models and studies are getting better and showing us more.

My only problem is we are not going to die out in 12 years or 20 or even 50 if we do nothing. We are just going to have bigger and bigger storms, droughts and eventually the displacement of people. The longer we put off trying to reign ourselves in the bigger the problems are going to get. And the more misrible those that suceed us will be.

This idea that it's all a fraud is total bunk. Do not listen to people who want to stick your head in the sand. Do not listen to people trying to convince you it's not real. Do not listen to those that try to teardown the voices trying to tell you the problems. Read the science. Listen to experts. Biology profs and meteorological experts are not out to trick you.
I AM listening to science experts and professors etc. The ones that do not agree with that it is caused by humans. You make it sound that all scientists agree on the issue.
That documentary I linked is filled with well educated people that have sound arguments that man made climate change IS a fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
What irritates me alot also is that no one seems to be mentioning the sun. That massive ball of fire we are circling around.
Solar activity has a huge impact on earth climate, yet it seems that some scientists wont take that into the equation.
Weird.
It´s the same with vulcanic activity. Just one vulcanic erruption causes massive amounts of Co2. Far more than all the chimneys in the world.
Yet again. It´s out of the equation. You have to take in all the factors to get an honest result, and we know for a fact that, that is not the case.
Fact is that these so called scientists have tampered with the numbers on numerous ocasions. Probally so that they can keep on getting funds, and keep their jobs.

Call and believe what you will, try and explain to me how and why the ice caps are melting at a unusual speed, plus the ferrous weather that the all parts of the world are going through, there will always be doubters and disbelievers, the studies over the past years must mean some thing I would have thought, we have become a throw away society, using resources much much quicker than we should do which in my opinion can't be good for the world, every one is entitled to an opinion but just look at the facts and studies[/USER]
I´m not to quick to dispute that the earth is warming. Fine, lets just say it is.
What I don´t agree on is that it is man made.
You remember the late 1970 early 1980 btw?
When they all said a new ice age was imminent. Still waiting on that one.:sneaky:

I´m not to quick to dispute that the earth is warming. Fine, lets just say it is.
What I don´t agree on is that it is man made.
You remember the late 1970 early 1980 btw?
When they all said a new ice age was imminent. Still waiting on that one.:sneaky:
You or I will not see the end project it's going to take a few years before it gets there, the aim I believe is to slow it down, I was only reading today that the USA are giving up on there recycling programme because it is to expensive, what with that and Mr Trumps attitude to global warming it seriously doesn't help things, I just wonder at which point the doubters will say oop's let's do some thing..... then it will be to late, There are many countries that are just ignoring what's going on you just need to look at the rivers (JOKE) they are just one sea of plastic, that's not mentioning the seas and oceans of the World, we live in a beautiful world how can people just respond to the problems ;);) Who ever reads this make your point but keep it friendly

I think we may be missing @Wastemoreland's point. There's no question that our planet's climate is dynamic. It changes constantly. With tongue in cheek, I point out that the Pangean super-continent just ain't what it used to be and humanity had nothing to do it's demise. Our planet rotates with a wobbly axial tilt, in a shifting elliptical orbit around a variable output fusion fueled star which itself moves through a rotating galaxy in an expanding universe. While mankind is entirely responsible for managing our environments, we do not control our planet's climate. Change is constant. If one does not properly define and understand a problem, one cannot properly solve it. To me, the climate change convesation should not center about managing climactic change but rather understanding a natural phenomena much better in order to most effectively manage environmental adaptations to it. Mass migration is one reality of this situation which foolish human hubris fails to address pragmatically.

<sigh> As just one example, if we were truly serious about non-polluting energy resources, we would have pursued nuclear fision with intelligent engineering science instead of dismissing it with fear driven sentimental myths.

And that's the truth . . .
hqdefault.jpg

Errrrr Guys

Hi........

NOT wanting to be that "person" - Yunno the rational one (????!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!?????? :eek:)

I'm tempted to raise a "minor point of order" comrades....

Just wanted to suggest something for consideration, colleugues......

Maybe it might be an idea to meditate on whether this discussion, whilst civil, might be - possibly - political in nature, if so can I propose that we take it off-line.

For the moment - whilst this unlikely issue is considered by more sane people than me....

I AM listening to science experts and professors etc. The ones that do not agree with that it is caused by humans. You make it sound that all scientists agree on the issue

You are the one being tricked then. While I am well aware there are things to debate about how fast this or that will happen or what exact effects will be or just how much difference actions we take will have, the argument over if humans are causing it and that it is happening faster than any other warning trend is as settled as the earth is a globe, relavitiy and evolution. Sure you can send the odd "scientist" that disputes those things but really, really?

I am not exaggerating. Those sources are a sham. They are trying to fool you. Do not fall for it please.

What irritates me alot also is that no one seems to be mentioning the sun. That massive ball of fire we are circling around.
Solar activity has a huge impact on earth climate, yet it seems that some scientists wont take that into the equation.
Weird.
It´s the same with vulcanic activity. Just one vulcanic erruption causes massive amounts of Co2. Far more than all the chimneys in the world.
Yet again. It´s out of the equation. You have to take in all the factors to get an honest result, and we know for a fact that, that is not the case.

You are partially correct. We do have to take all that into account. And the serious science has. All of what you listed and more. Those that say otherwise are tricking you. I'm not kidding around you are being lied too there is no other word for it.

Fact is that these so called scientists have tampered with the numbers on numerous ocasions. Probally so that they can keep on getting funds, and keep their jobs.

Yeah that is total BS. Even if you can point to a few people commiting professional misconduct the evidence is overwhelming and reviewed and replicated. Discarding such malfeasance you are still left with overwhelming evidence in support of man made climate change. The sun and the volcanos and all the other large and small contributions are all real and all dwarfed by our contribution. When you hear arguments based on personal attacks or painting everyone with the actions of a few or made up bad actors you should ignore that and ask where is your data? Where is the corilation between the observed increase in average temperatures and the causing events?

And it is not "just" about the climate. We have fucked up (and are still doing so) this planet on so many levels. To name just one: microplastics have invaded your body and even your beer.

I am fairly certain plastics haven't been around before the advent of man.

https://www.plasticsoupfoundation.org/en/files/microbeads-microplastics/

I was actually thinking of Science Fiction story set in a far future, millions of years, humans are extinct and all signs of human society's existence have decayed/erodedaway, but visiting alien scientists realise there once was an advanced civilisation by the vast residual trace presence of microplastics in the environment.

I was actually thinking of Science Fiction story set in a far future, millions of years, humans are extinct and all signs of human society's existence have decayed/erodedaway, but visiting alien scientists realise there once was an advanced civilisation by the vast residual trace presence of microplastics in the environment.

Yep. It is isn't easy to get rid of the stuff.

Back