Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

Police is more the better-half's taste not mine, but I do like this one song (For clarity he's referring to the wife not me)

Last night I went to the cinema to watch Bohemian Rhapsody - I quite enjoyed it.
Been a fan of Queen since the early 70's and have most of their stuff on vinyl or CD, as well as being lucky enough to have seen them live twice.

I remember playing Bohemian Rhapsody to my dad .......he loves music and sat there listening to it before declaring that "that bloke can really sing and they are very good musicians" - he wasn't wrong was he!!

Such a talented group and of course the vision and creative talent of Freddie shone through.

The catalogue of music that they created was both diverse and brilliant , and here's a few of my favourite tracks...................

Steve

I arrived a little late to the party, but I just discovered it and I am impressed.
Simply brilliant, the whole musical. It's a pity that it can only be enjoyed on Broadway or London.

Yea, I let the players roll all their own combat roles, saving throws, ability checks, etc. I rolled the NPC combat rolls, random encounters, etc., behind the screen. Sometimes I would fudge things if I thought a die roll was going to ruin everyone's fun. ;-)

Agree with you all @Nort & @Meat Grinder & @mcmortison

I Always rolled all non-PC rolls but always let the players roll their own dice, I dealt with possible/suspected cheating via the "learning experience*" system.

Our group always had a hard rule, GM/DM chooses music and determines breaks, players bring extra snacks and drinks for GM/DM as payment for effort.

* Basically sometimes failure benefited a character - on one memorable occasion an unarmed PC escaping armed guards tripped over a hospital bed when trying to hurdle it. I Had the guards burst in at that moment and spray SMG fire above the beds so his failure saved him! :) (Traveller campaign - TNE for any Traveller geeks out there)

Last edited by a moderator:
As many of you will know, I'm a big Pink Floyd fan.

I've posted this before but feel it is fitting to post it again for obvious reasons.........

.....I took this photo whilst on a visit to Wells........

P1000622-XL.jpg

Back