FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Buckykatt a good friend of mine is a keyboard player in several local bands. He looks like Jesus. :)
He insists on using an old speaker from the 70's that has a whirling, rotating mechanism at the top which throws the sound around.
I think it might be Wurlitzer brand from memory. He says it is a better quality of sound than modern speakers, especially for synth.

Today I am enjoying my morning coffee with this one. Jonsi is a Icelandic musician.
I like the frenetic tempo of this. "Everything's full of life". Turn it UP. ;)

Last edited:

Buckykatt

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
buckykatt1@outlook.com
@Buckykatt a good friend of mine is a keyboard player in several local bands. He looks like Jesus. :)
He insists on using an old speaker from the 70's that has a whirling, rotating mechanism at the top which throws the sound around.
I think it might be Wurlitzer brand from memory. He says it is a better quality of sound than modern speakers, especially for synth.

Today I am enjoying my morning coffee with this one. Jonsi is a Icelandic musician.
I like the frenetic tempo of this. "Everything's full of life".

Yes, a favorite band of mine "Steppenwolf" used that effect referred to as a "Leslie" that may be the same thing...

Concord

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Ah ha! Leslie! That's the one my friend uses!
His Leslie 'box' has seen some rough roads. Worn, but still going strong. :) :cool:

steve

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
As an 18 yr old in 1980 I discovered The Doors after listening to to Siouxsie and the Banshees.........

I subsequently went out and bought most of their albums and here's a couple of my favourite tracks of theirs

......and this is just plain catchy......

I also read Jim Morrison's book of poetry, The Lords and the New Creatures, along with the biography No one here gets out alive written by Jerry Hopkins.

steve

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
.....posted these guys before, very talented, and this is a great cover.......

Steve

Concord

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Have some pure (Welsh) cheese for the weekend. Good fun. :giggle:

Utah Saints - Something Good

@Ithikial I might try this in a local Western Australian pub, and see how I go. :cool:

Concord

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Hey @Vartuoosi, flicking through some pages on this thread I realised that it was you who first posted "The Government Knows" song.
I'm losing track of where all the media showering me is coming from! Funny as hell, thanks for posting. I will be sharing far and wide haha.

mTk

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
montarakid@yahoo.com
Why, yes, Yes I am!

This is from the 1941 musical movie Sun Valley Serenade starring John Payne and Sonja Henie, one of the greatest figure skater in history (3-time Olympic champion and 10-time world champion) and the Glenn Miller Band.

Last edited:

Hedgehog

FGM General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ej.bradbury@ntlworld.com
Why, yes, Yes I am!

This is from the 1941 musical movie Sun Valley Serenade starring John Payne and Sonja Henie, one of the greatest figure skater in history (3-time Olympic champion and 10-time world champion) and the Glenn Miller Band.
Glen's one of the best

Concord

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Nort Came back home utterly boozed tonight (a rare occurrence) and indeed, I "feel like they do". A pleasure to listen. Love the distortion pedal (talk box?) in that song.
Here's another song that 'feels like I do' right now. Have a good weekend (even if you are working). Energy.

Emperors - Be Ready When I Say Go

Last edited: